New Zen leaks?

Did anyone saw this today? I know that posts from random guy on random forum can't be classified as a "leak", but the type of data, their specificity, believability.... It's just crazy

To sum some

• The dude allegedly spend part of a day with someone from industry (It seems to me some mbo manufacturer)

• Lots of bugs, very much "work in progress"

• In August Clock speeds were 3.8GHz, right now 4.2GHz overclocking is possible, with LN2 5GHz is doable. Again this will change of course, but it is just the current silicon that is behaving like this.

• SOC design (CMOS/BIOS configuration on package)

• Overclocking only in OS via Overdrive

• Operating voltages (nominal) are 1.3v and all the way up to 1.5v should be fine it seems for AIO cooling.

• Performance is on par i7 5960X (singlethread and multithread) with 8 core 16 threads part

• AMD's SMT has same efficiency as Intel's HT.

• Around 300 USD!!! At first he mentioned probably around 700$

6 Likes

I doubt this

5 Likes

My personal guess was (and still is) i7 6700 - i7 6800K price range. Why?

• Intel prices are bloated by a lot
  • it will probably be a bit slower than intel latest offerings (ipc & clock)
  • AMD products in general have smaller margin than competition
  • They must go strong (to be or not to be).

true

may be realistic then

1 Like

From this point on im going to start comparing to ZEN as no mans sky.

AMD is building up so much hype around ZEN that it will probably be underwhelming like no mans sky.

No mans sky would have been a very good game if they would not have built up so much hype and not have lied. This ofc is all speculation cause nothing is being said.

The rumormill is spinning the hype, not AMD. All AMD has done is announce a release window and a handful of features.

12 Likes

And IPC like broadwell-e or better... :D

TBH from this "leak" there is nothing that could be marked as "hype" except price

• ipc is lower than they advertised (ofc I expected blender to be cherry picked nvidia style)
  • talking about lots of bugs, errors etc.
  • possible delay (hoping to get done to march) etc.

It all sounds pretty realistic to me...

the hype still needs to be maintained properly

I don't feel like rewriting my thoughts on zen so I'll just put my old post

2 Likes

They promised a 40% IPC performance over Excavator. So lets take some Excavator numbers using the Athlon X4 845's performance in CineBench R15.

At stock (3.5GHz - 3.8GHz)

Locked down

So 40% over 3.8GHz Excavator = 128.2

And 40% over 3GHz Excavator = 104.4

Those numbers put it against Ivy-Bridge. The former score of 128 does hint at an IPC in Haswell's court, but just barely. Really though if you stop and run some numbers there's no reason to be hyped so much.

2 Likes

BUT, BUT, LOOK AT THE BLENCHMARK MAN

It totally beat that I7 6900K when the I7 was downclocked and the test was definitely cherry picked... Zen is going to rule the world man.

The whole point should be (and probably is) price/performance, certain amount of multi thread per dollar/pesos/insert valute and closing the gap to intel in weak spots (singlethread and perf/watt). Would cores (ipc & clock) be weaker then intels - yes they definitely will. So would AMD go MUCH cheaper for higher core/thread count than intel - yes, definitely will. A lot

The asking price for intel cores is ridiculous, coming from hyperhthreaded dual cores, quads, and not to mention 8 or 10 core... But the thing is - people don't think about it, they are used to that prices thinking their normal. And wondering how a bit weaker 8c16t price of 300-450$ is impossible...

I upgraded my video card. I'm waiting on zen pick AMD or Intel. I expect bugs in a brand new architecture. Its rarely perfect. Even Intel recently got egg on it face for CPU bugs.

I hate the wait but.

1 Like

uhuh

1 Like

Ooh a fancy animation, clearly this is a sign of over hype and not just some general modern day marketing technique! Shit even the public demonstration against the Xeon was hardly hype worthy.

"Here's our chip and theirs running at 3GHz on this one benchmark. They're pretty much the same."

1 Like

Overclocking only in OS via Overdrive

lol do behave, never gonna happen

2 Likes

Let's put it this way, that gif is fucking nothing compared to when AMD had the R9 290x launch and was running around screaming "TITAN KILLER!!! AHHHH!" or literally any Nvidia hype train launch ever

1 Like

Meh hype will happen, news is fun, rumors spark discussion. All I want out of this is a nice upgrade and bump in performance over bulldozer.

I don´t think they are. They are just working on it to get it out in Q1 2017 meanwhile the public looses their shit.

1 Like

Seriously? Having a name for a future product and a gif is hype?