New Mining System Is Now LIVE!

digging for blood diamonds

obviously GPU's (ATI) are better at this, but what about throwing several Quad cores at the idea with supporting Nvida cards? or am i stuck with just do it and see? can it be hived/farmed easily?

I think I did everything right.  Can someone confirm whether or not I'm registered in the system?  It would be much appreciated.  Also, what about the old mining system we were using?  Does that work we did carry over into the new system or what?

Just started mining, I have an idea if you.d ever like to use it. You have to scroll down the list to see the people that are mining, why not make it so that people who are mining all appear at the top, with the highest mha/s at the top

CPU mining is essentially pointless. so no, not really worth mining on a heap of random quad cores. As for the nvidia thing. Yeah, they are quite alot slower than equivalently priced AMD cards, but some nvidias can still be used viably. I'd say if you have a nvidia, anything above about a 550 or something around there is fine. And what do you mean by 'am i stuck with just do it and see?

It can be farmed, but it's quite expensive to set up. You need either a whole llot of 7970's or 5850's, 5870's all in a rack with a massive psu and really good cooling.

Yeah, you are registered fine.

Your work carries over in the sense that everything that you mined on the old system is still being given to teksyndicate. But the shares mined dont count for competitions. But that doesn't really matter. The way it will work is that we will reset the share counters at the end of every month or after every competition to encourage the long term miners.

Yeah, wendell is working on heaps of things to improve it. Its a bit buggy at the moment with the speed reading and the displaying of usernames. So that is his first priority, then he will look at ways to make it more user-friendly.

:)

im not seeing myself in that tek syndicate bitcoin website putting out any hashes. i know i did the info need for guiminer correctly and i see my hash in it, can you guys confirm that my work is going through??

Try clearing your cache.  I was having similar issues earlier.

Im new to everything bitcoin so im wondering, will the bitcoins i am mining go 100% to you guys or is it shared ? I did sign up for the pool and i am useing bitcoin qt and guiminer. im just wondering because i never did anything in bitcoin qt to connect it to my guiminer, so if it is shared do i need to do anything in bitcoin qt to be able to get bitcoins ?

ALL 100% of the bitcoins mined go directly into Logan's bitcoin wallet.From there it's either used to make the site better or used to buy games to give away to miners.

Ok that's what i was wondering thanks.

yeah if it's working in guiminer then it's working. The website is a bit buggy at the moment but if you clear your cache thenit usually fixes. The speed will still be a bit wrong though for reasons that i've posted above and it only communicates with the server once every 10mins, so it wn't work in the first 10mins of connecting.

bitcoin-qt in this case is only used to download the block-chain. Pretty much, it tells guiminer which calculations other people have done so that you are not doing work that has previously been done and are wasting your time (that is what stale shares are).

And yeah, all the info we gave you in guiminer tells it to send all the shares to an account of Logans. Then, he will spend however much on the new site (or whatever else needs to be done after the new website is up) and then spend the rest on giveaways. The entries into the giveaways are calculated based on the amount you mine. So, the more you mine the more entries you get :)

ohh ok i was wondering what the point of haveing bitcoin-qt was since im sending my shares to tek syndicate but that makes sense. i dont see me getting verry many entries tho since i only have a gts 250, but ohh well at least it helps the sight out....at least  a little bit hopefully haha

So we dont have to connect the guiminer to bitcoinqt manually in any way?

Also what about flags, im using -v -w128 I tried 256 but I don't notice a difference, can someone educate me on flags or direct me to a site that can because I could only find very basic info with limited flags.

One last note: If anyone wants to help with http://teksyndicate.com/forum/build-pc/stuttering-audio-event-log-errors-unsuccessful-restart-low-video-memory/137750 I have no problem running my 7950 all day but if it freezes and im not watching the pc to turn it off... I just dont want to risk the hardware damage.  

You donlt have to do anything to connect guiminer and bitcoi-qt, its nice software and doe sit all automatically

flaghs usually dont matter after you add the -v for AMD cards, some people with some cards get a bit faster with specific flags. There are no set rules so its just trial and error until you find something good. If it doesn't make a diference then use whatever ones you want.

That problem sounds to me like a motherboard problem if its your audio and your memory and your gpu screwing up together. If you have another motherboard try all your parts on that.

Alright thanks for the info, I'll probably just stick with the default flags then. I dont have another am3+ mobo to test with but I might buy a nice ROG board in the near future so hopefully that solves my problem. I've swapped every component but the mobo/cpu/ram but memtest and prime95 were good... Well thanks for the info, happy mining!

I am on the board at the moment because on browser I am not listed

Yeah don't worry about all that. If it is working in guiminer then it is working.

Also, to get it to refresh, you may have to clear your cache.