New build help

Hi i'm from Mexico and gointo to build a new pc in fact my first pc but i just want to check with you that if im choosing the right parts for it i will be doing web development (ruby, python) and gaming not many editing and some audio here are the parts that i can get in my country without importing:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
CPU | Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor | $184.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard | Gigabyte GA-Z97N-WIFI Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard | $126.50 @ Amazon
Memory | Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory | $42.99 @ Amazon
Storage | A-Data Premier Pro SP600 64GB 2.5" Solid State Drive | $54.98 @ Amazon
Storage | A-Data Premier Pro SP600 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive | $86.01 @ Amazon
Storage | Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive | $71.99 @ Amazon
Video Card | Gigabyte Radeon R9 390 8GB SOC Video Card | $299.99 @ Amazon
Case | Corsair 250D Mini ITX Tower Case | $84.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply | EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply | $89.99 @ NCIX US
Monitor | LG 29UM67 60Hz 29.0" Monitor |-
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total (before mail-in rebates) | $1062.43
| Mail-in rebates | -$20.00
| Total | $1042.43
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-01 12:31 EST-0500 |
there are 2 ssd because im dual booting with linux for ease of use (arch) and i'm going with the 390 because the monitor free sync but changes can be made the idea is that the pc last for 3 years and so and on the road do some watercooling and cable sleeving

1 Like

This ITX build will not allow you any watercooling...
As for the build - it's fine... Fairly balanced when it comes to cpu-gpu speed...
However, ITX may not be the best option for first build... It's really frustrating some times, it requires a lot of effort to build it properly...

1 Like

What's up with that 64gb SSD though?

Otherwise I'd suggest you get a 1440p display over a 21:9 1080p display, you'll be able to fit a lot more on the screen

also i was thinking on changing the 4460 to 4690k and the case allows a 240 rad

for archlinux :D and i will check some 1440p monitors

In most places they cost about the same, so not much reason to get 21:9 display over a 1440p display

Power supply is overkill. Get a quality 500W PSU instead.

that one is cheaper than a 650w one im planing to add a rad on the near future when changin the 4460 to 4690k

What does a radiator have to do with power consumption? Anyways, 500W is more than enough for your system even when overclocked.

I believe there was supposed to be a period between the 650w and the one. Two separate subjects.

yep sorry not my main language

People who were born with this language speak worse english than you. I was just clarifying his confusion.

2 Likes

Id rather go with this one... Faster that SP600...
You gonna do custom loop or AIO? AIO with thin rad will fit. Custom watercooling with the pump, reservoir and everything will not...
But it's your choice... I still would not go for ITX for first build...

Freesync 1440p...

Cheaper 1440p IPS non freesync...

Those prices are terrible. $4499 for a 120GB SSD?

Really? 44 dollars and 99 cents for 120gig 500+ write and read ssd is a terrible price? Hm...

there is no decimal.

Really dude? Open the link and you shall be enlightened with the stupidity of Amazon linking not including decimals ;)

I know, I was just making fun of the prices.

Well, if enlightenment wasn't hinting enough, I got you and I joined in :D

If from $54.98 to $86.01 you get 4 times the ssd size, you really do not want to buy that 64 gb at all. I do not know that ssd either, but each one i know comes faster in bigger sizes. Other options have been linked.

The Psu is much, much overkill. 500 is not "enough", it is in fact still plenty. Also, isn't that an ATX psu in an ITX case? Did you make sure it'l fit? Doesn't look like it to me.

(it's not like you can upgrade a second gpu in there, don't think you will ever run out of power in that case with a sturdy 500w psu)

I am outdated in terms of drives, but is 7200 rps the way to go for this by todays standards?

had that screen once, it's nice...but i changed away from it quickly. Reasons are already posted

Itx, gaming, r9 390, stock cooler....that's some devilish combo. Watercooling over a distance of 5cm doesn't make sence imoo. Get some good low noise fans and you are all set.