• Wireless Charging
  • 12MP Wide camera (rear)
  • ƒ/1.8 aperture
  • Portrait mode
  • 7MP camera (front)
  • ƒ/2.2 aperture

Three Colours: Red :red_circle:, White :white_circle:, Black :black_circle:

4 Likes

Huh, that’s about the same price I paid for my current SE.
Why the same name, rather than SE2 or something? Is it like a car?

1 Like

Probably old enough that it doesn’t matter?

Like 2020 iPad isn’t the iPad Pro 2 or which ever version it’s on now. They’ve been doing that naming for a while on a lot of devices it seems.

But they had like the 7, and 7 plus, then the eight and stuff?
Sorry, I don’t really Apple much.
I should probably get one of their laptops or something, and see if I spontaneously grow a beanie, and if my jeans roll up and become skinny… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I thought that was one plus :smile:

Their phones have been using numbers, but nothing else has if I remember right for some time now.

1 Like

Added the specs.

This isnt a phone for me (im not getting one for a while anyway), but my feeling is this will sell like toilet roll in a pandemic.

Oh and if you keep the phone for the life of the phone (about 5 years of support from Apple), you could expect the total cost of ownership to be around the following:

£419 for the phone
£49 for one battery replacement about mid life of the phone

£468 or about £93 ($116) a year

2 Likes

As much as I don’t like Apple, giving this the A13 Bionic makes it more powerful than 98%+ Android phones out there, especially at the price. Qualcomm and Samsung need to step up their game.

3 Likes

I definitely see this being a popular phone model. Smaller screen so easier for smaller hands. Price is very attractive. And you are right. Having the A13 is going to be a very capable phone. Might have to get one for my oldest if she behaves. Currently she has my retired 7 and I’m using a XS

1 Like

I remember reading somewhere that they were going to implement the ability to limit charge in iOS. I dont have a device to know if its available yet but if they do that, I’m probably not going to buy another android again. Thats too big of a useful feature to forget about.

1 Like

What do you mean?

I know that they have a “optimised battery charging” option that’s enabled. It learns your charging pattern and stops charging past 80% until you need it then charges the last 20% not long before you normally take it off the charger.

1 Like

What is limit charge? Like make battery stop charging when it reaches like 90% and not start until it is lower than 80% or whatever? So it doesn’t chew through battery cycles like a windows page file chews through SSD’s?

1 Like

I’m not so hip on the learning my patterns part. I just wanna set it for 85% and let it stay there no matter what. This is what I do on my nexus 6p currently.

1 Like

This is where i see a big uptake. I think almost every parent would likely buy this phone for their children. That’s a lot of phones.

Then people who want a no big thrills iPhone, those who want smaller phones, i think make up a small percentage but will probably like this option as well.

In that case aren’t you just better off charging it and not worrying. 15% battery loss out of the gate is a lot of uptime.

for perspective, last I checked Apple replaced batteries for free if they went under 80% over two years.

not really. that last 15% is 66% of the wear cycles on the battery.

1 Like

That’s me!

A phone that gets good support, is adequately powerful, and decent battery life. That’s all I want.

I don’t want a phone bristling with cameras, a screen larger than a textbook, or has more RAM than Watson.

My largest detractors from this device right now are the Lightning connector and I’m not sure it would work on my carrier.

1 Like

Wow, that all looks quite reasonable, compared to todays typical specs. The only thing I can’t quite figure out is wifi 6.

1 Like

wifi 6 is bae

1 Like

Yeah, I get this.

Honestly i think the lightning connector is objectively the better physical connection of the two. But Type-C is here to stay.

I’ve not found it a huge fuss for the most part though, i have a wireless charger and just plonk my phone on it most of the time.

Model A2296*

• FDD‑LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 32, 66)
  • TD‑LTE (Bands 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 46, 48)
  • CDMA EV‑DO Rev. A (800, 1900 MHz)(Japan location only)
  • UMTS/HSPA+/DC‑HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz)
  • GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)

All models

• Gigabit-class LTE with 2x2 MIMO and LAA4
  • 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 with 2x2 MIMO
  • Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology
  • NFC with reader mode
  • Express Cards with Power Reserve

What about it?