New 2020 iPhone SE Announced

Does it give you lower power usage or something?

That’s the only thing I can think of, along with adopting standards for the sake of adopting standards.

I don’t see why a phone needs 1.2GBPS…

1 Like

Oh i just noticed this. Nice little feature for those in large cities with mass transit that supports it https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT207958

Isn’t that the one that causes Cancer in California?

1 Like

Its like 5G

• Higher data rates
  • Increased capacity
  • Performance in environments with many connected devices
  • Improved power efficiency

the speed doesn’t matter, the efficiency, latency and capacity does.

2 Likes

It gives you a lot of things. You wont likely see anything near 1.2GBps but thats not really the point. The point is MU MIMO native to 802.11ax and the way the new frequency availability means legacy devices dont crap on new devices.

I could explain more but thats probably a topic for another thread. Theres a lot to like about ax (wifi6).

1 Like

Google Fi is weird about phones sometimes.

It should work, but won’t know for sure until Google says yay or nay.

Manufacturers could use a TRRS plug for data transfer for all I care, just as long as things were compatible. But that’s a different topic for a different time.

1 Like

It will work but you wont get switching. If you dont use android with a phone they spec then the auto switching doesnt work because thats all built into the dialer for google.

This is partially why I havent moved away from the 6p.

1 Like

Implying iphone users have friends or go places in 2020. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

on the contrary, they’re all staring at their phones in the same room as eachother, which is why its needed.

Hey bud! That Only hurts because it’s true! :slight_smile:

:frowning:

:sob:

1 Like

I could see myself be tempted by this.
My Samsung S7 Edge is ~ 3,5 years old, and has been on the market for 4 years. It still gets security updates, last one was in February, but I’ve got no idea for how long that’ll continue.

No other android phones on the market says me anything atm.
I don’t want a punch out selfie camera. Cause I can’t cover it with electrical tape (Full on tinfoil hat as that goes)

And I want a real home button. Which not any goddamn android phone has anymore…

The only things I might have a hard time giving up from going back to Apple is the the real "back button android has, and that my S7 has as a real button as well.

And a file system I can navigate. I use it a lot on my phone to extract photos, video etc.

I can give up the sd card no problem, since the 256 gb modell is well whitin my max phone price. ~680 Euros for a phone that will last 5 years is fine with me.

Edit for typo

1 Like

Oh yeah. One more feature.

This is a dual sim phone. Physical SIM + e-SIM

iOS has a filesystem segregated into several contained parts. OS/System, Apps, user data etc.

The files app is pretty decent, and can connect to other services as well. But theres also an app called Documents which is very good, also integrates the photos app storage nicely and i quite like.

As in the software one? iOS has that but its used in context, its generally at the top left (or bottom left on the browser).

No 3.5mm, no love. Waiting for the new cheapo pixel.

Just googled it, and It looks like what I’d like to have.
I really just need a file system to transfer downloaded pictures etc to my pc. I last had an iPhone in 2016, and back then I don’t remember that app execisting.

How are the file names stored?
Back in 2016, if I downloaded a picture from a browser or 9gag, the title for that picture would be replaced with a long date number or long useless name, and the picture would be placed in the camera roll, making it a pain in the ass to copy it to my pc, and know what the picture was based on it’s name.
I really like that android stores camera pictures and downloaded pictures in different folders.

Oh, yeah I know there is a software button, I just like that it’s always in the same place on android, and my S7 has real buttons. It’s just a preference of mine.

1 Like

Pictures from the camera are always stores in the photos app/area

For downloads of images there are more than one option.

Option one, download. This saves by default to the downloads folder

Option two ‘share’ this let’s you send the image to other apps (or people)

Option 2.5 ‘shortcuts’ this lets you run a script to take actions on the object you send to it.

For example a download file shortcut (you can see that link available in the previous screenshot)

You can do a ridiculous amount of stuff with shortcuts.

Oh, and images from the web are saved with the name it has on the web by default.

3 Likes

Neat, that’s a huge plus for me.

So that means that I could make a folder in the File app for 9gag, and when downloading pictures from the app, I can download them to the 9gag file folder with a shortcut?

Thanks for the info :slight_smile: I think the new SE is a top contender for my next phone. But as long as my S7 gets security updates, it’ll stay in my pocket.

1 Like

I can be your friend. :slight_smile:

My plan thus far has been to use my current iPhone SE until it reaches EOL or simply breaks down, but new SE version does look tempting.

2 Likes

tbh it sounds like you’re already an iphone user :troll:

1 Like

Lol. I get bored sometimes when out and about okay :upside_down_face:

1 Like