Need a new headset

Well my headset just died and Im looking for a new one. Maybe you guys could help. I would like the headset to have surround sound, over the head, comfortable, and durable. Im willing to spend ~$100

Ive seen a few that maybe you guys could say are good or bad.
Saitek Cybord 5.1 Headset <-Link
Turtle Beach HPA2 <-Link

Any other suggestions are welcome! Thanks in advance.

Please for the love of god don't go with the saitek. It breaks really easy, I had one.
I took it off normally (had it for 6 months) then it broke.
And drivers are shit, so you end up never being able to use the surround.. but other than that it's a sweet comfortable headset.

mmm I suggest Logitech G35, dunno price over there.. I have it, It's quality all the way across the skies(lol).
And it's supercrispyclear surround sound. could have had a bit more bass tho, but for gaming it's perfect. It takes a few days to get used to it, so if it feels bad on your head the first days, keep that in mind before returning it.
When I got it, it felt like my head was gonna explode after 30 minutes of use, but now I think it's really comfortable to use : 3
Good reliable drivers aswell.

Another one would be Roccat Kave.. Havnt tried, but It's same "tier" as G35. Was gonna go for Kave, but couldnt find it anywhere and was out of stock all over teh internets.

Get some Audio Technica ATH-AD700s and a soundcard that emulates surround sound. Â 5.1 or 7.1 headphones sound like ass compared to a decent stereo headphone.

Music wise. yes, game wise, no.

Game wise yes...music wise yes. Â 5.1 and 7.1 HPs sound tinny and thin. Â Stereo HPs sound better. Â Positional audio out of simulated surround sound is just as good as 5.1 HPs. Â Have you tried 5.1/7.1 HPs side by side against stereo HPs?Also, why is it the AD700s are one of the top choice HPs for pro-gamers? Â Why is it that almost every pro-gamer tends to use stereo HPs as opposed to 5.1/7.1 HPs?

"almost every pro-gamer" ... hmmm seems quite opposite to what ive seen.
They mostly use sponsored products by steelseries, razer, roccat etc.

But no, I havnt tried one of those, so my argument is halfway invalid.

I wouldnt be so sure about that. Maybe as far as position detection they aren't (i cant really say since I haven't tried these new surround sound headphones) but as far as sound quality goes the audio technicas kick ass for gaming. The sound stage literally raped my old cyber snipa sonar 5.1's and I didn't notice a loss in the ability to pinpoint gunshots... but Cyber Snipa Sonars aren't really in the same class as the g35, Megalodon, or Kave...  and unfortunately I'm too broke to buy one of them to give an insightful comparison :\

I dropped about $80 on my siberias and regret it. I honestly will never buy a gaming headset again.

There are so many better viable options instead for less or more ($) that kick any gaming headsets ass.
5.1 and7.1 is bullshit.

If you want music and games please check out the following
Audio Technica
Sennhieser
JVC
Shure

The list keeps on going. Just don't fall into the gaming headset gimmick.

I always just buy cheap 20 dollar headsets cus i have nice speakers i never understood the point in buying expensive headsets

Hmmm, I dont understand how you dont understand that there is no point in a good headset.
lol

well u see i have 5.1 speakers so why would i buy a real expensive surround sound headset

To hear things better.
Speakers = alot of noise around you, pc fans people shouting etc etc.
A headset (a closed one) blocks out most outside sounds, so you can hear everything better without anyone distracting you.

I also have a 5.1 speaker system, but hell, can't tell if the surround is on or off because off all the noise around me

To hear things better.
Speakers = alot of noise around you, pc fans people shouting etc etc.
A headset (a closed one) blocks out most outside sounds, so you can hear everything better without anyone distracting you.

I also have a 5.1 speaker system, but hell, can't tell if the surround is on or off because off all the noise around me

hmm i guess so

I prefer a really nice set of component speakers. They're just unmatched. Not only that but I can use them for movies and stuff. Speakers for the win.

Though I do have a nice pair of headphones for editing and whatnot.

for thighter mids and more crisp tones headphones>speakers

music=headphones

loud as fuuuck=speakers

movie=speakers

for music: speakers > headphones (for any music in which sound stage matters)
for surround sound: speakers > headphones

assuming you are willing to put up with the inconveniences and the cost...

Depends on what kind of surround..

Surround in moves: speakers, defineatly.

Surround in games: headset.

with gaming whats better is more dependent on your needs and situation (online vs offline gaming, whether you have noise you need to block out, the volume at which you can use speakers at vs headphones ect ect.). i simply said that speakers are better for surround sound because they better achieve that crucial goal of a surround sound system, to surround you with sound :p

Thanks for the input guys. I think Im going to go with the Turtle Beaches because Ive seen a lot of great reviews on it and its in my price range. If you still have any suggestions, feel free to give em!