My credo for 2014 - what's yours?

I agree about the tek. I find that I often can't sit through an entire tek lately.

rest of theis stuff looks awesome.

for me, I should ahve enough for a 1440p monitor after working this winter, and a single arm too... eventually want to get a DP hub, so i can run more than 3 screens, but we'll see how much work I do in paralell with 3 monitors.

Something I would like to see personally is a video on RAID, setting it up, NAS, and etc.  Something I've been meaning to research further in depth for a while now, but have failed to do so.

The Tek's length is absolutely fine in my opinion I would cry on the inside if it was shorter I just enjoy having content like that to watch when I get home from my really shitty job x.x I love it!

Lol.... I obviously know about aperture. The Panasonic has a smaller sensor and while it can take in the same amount of light at the same f-stop the depth of field is about 1.3 stops worse. For instance... here is the same shot with a small sensor and a full frame sensor... at the same aperture setting:

Read up here: http://photo.stackexchange.com/questions/3986/when-do-the-differences-between-aps-c-and-full-frame-sensors-matter-and-why

My plans for 2014:

• Learn to drive the '98 Subaru Impreza 2.2L (AWD, auto) that my brother bought me for X-mas. (Will be my first time driving. I'm excited and incredibly nervous.)
  • Get my GED, A+, Network+, and Linux certifications. (I've mostly got brazilian education, and since I just moved back to the US, I've got to get relevant US education now... meh.)
  • Learn what I can about HTML 5.0 (still in draft, since I only know some HTML 4.0 and I'm rusty), brush up on my CSS 3.0 skills, brush up on my SQL.
  • Learn Ruby, AJAX, Javascript, and other relevant web technologies and languages to help me improve my development skills.
  • Get a new job in the computer field, either in PC repair, web development, or in game development. (I live in Texas, near the Gearbox HQ, so I might get a job there if I can.)
  • Learn DirectX, Mantle, and OpenGL. Also learn how to make good and quick GUIs for applications, games and more.
  • Buy a new computer. I'm planning to get quite a lot of stuff based on advice I got from the Tek. The expensive stuff will be the peripherals, since pretty much everything will have to be upgraded. Core components will only be about half the budget. (I know that's a lot, but I've got to get a new monitor, mousepad, mouse, keyboard, headset, soundcard, desk, chair, etc.)
  • Find more people to hang out with, get out more.
  • Get a girlfriend... nah, just kidding! Gotta be realistic, and also, there's no point in trying to get a girlfriend while my life is still a mess. Gotta fix my life before I'm ready for someone else, and I've also got to enjoy the single life a bit more. Also, I gotta work on my personality and other things before I'm ready to be with someone else.'
  • Make more time for things that matter, set my priorities straight, and watch less YouTube videos.
  • Manage my money better. Set a limited amount of funds for food, bills, rent, etc. And stick to it. (Wallet! Nooooo!!! Gabe d*mmit, Steam Sale!)
  • Be more consistent with my blog, and finally work on getting my podcast and book finalized.

Wow, that's a lot. I guess there's a lot on there. But hopefully this year will be epic! =)

To better myself. 

Crap >.< lmao I'm not as helpful as I hoped.  My apologies!  I must fully admit that I under-estimated you good sir!  This is actually something that I wasn't aware of at all.  I shall definitely read further into this thank you!

I will do what I always do: 14 hours of education; 2 hours for burning things and video games; and the rest for eating and sleeping.

With 500+ videos posted surely they've tackled DoF lol

I love that you mentioned the weights Logan.  I try not to throw it around as I feel like a douche bag when I do but I've been weight training for about six years now and it's a massive part of my life.  I've been studying kinetics and nutrition independently for about four years now and I've trained a total of four people haha.  I know it's not a lot but I've had great results from each of them and I adore training and fitness.  I've always trained for free because I enjoy it too much(that may be changing soon though as I'm getting tired of my job).  Anyway my long winded point here is that if anyone needs any type of fitness advice I'd love to chat and assist in any way possible.  I always feel so useless as I traverse this website as I'm extremely green when it comes to most technology(I love learning about it but I must admit I'm still very amateur) and I wish I could help others with some type of topic as I've been helped with gaming and technology concerns several times.  So yeah, if anyone needs help training please let me know.  I specialize in Compound, olympic, and and powerlifting movements but I've amassed quite a bit of practical and academic knowledge in the areas of calisthenics, isometrics, endurance, and speed through my time in the US Army as well.  I'm happy to be out but I'm glad I went through it.  Anyway my name's Chris if anyone would like any training help.

I'd love to meet you at the Gamescom this year, Logan! Hope you are able to come to Germany, so I can show you my favorite beer brands. 

Mine ? mm Be a bigger a hole. Take more of what i want. Give less to people who dont deserve it. Screw the world if they dont like it. lol Realistically i would happy with more of what i want.

No need for a sub. They just introduce all kinds of acoustic problems in your room. Monitors like HS80M's are full range and don't need a sub. These are highly regarded as the best for that price range. Actually, Yamaha NS10's are the most iconic monitors ever made and are still found in most big studios. These are the older passive versions of the HS series. Also treating your room for below 100 hertz requires a lot of work and material (owen's corning, membrane traps etc). The more low frequencies you add, the more problems you add. Not worth it. Get full range monitors and drop the sub. 

Logan, I agree with this person. You could stream your recording session of the Tek, then edit it down for Youtube. Many of us love the long winded videos and do truly pay attention for the majority of them! Don't stifle the Tek!

Also: working on trying to make a pebble Rant:30 Watch face. 

I hope you keep the videos around the same length cause its really nice to ignore the usual BS in my day and listen to you guys rant about interesting topics. Keep it up so I can get my weekly fix.

As for your studio monitor search, I went thru that last summer and test drove the A5+'s for 2 weeks but found them to be slightly bass heavy and even with the improved heat sink, they got pretty hot after longer listening sessions (3+ hrs, but it didn't affect performance)  I stumbled upon this company named Emotiva, who make a comparable studio monitor, the Airmotiv 5.  

They use a unique ribbon tweeter for real crisp high's and have great mid's and bass with a pretty neutral response, not to mention they look way better than the Audioengine's.  I use them with the Audioengine D1 and no sub for genres between rock, country, electronic, and classical  Both company's give you a 30-day no hassle return policy if you want to do a side by side comparison, check them out!

throwin my opinion in the hat, don't make your video's "tighter" whenever you release a new vid i save it for the morning and make sure i have an hour plus and sit and drink coffee and enjoy every second of it.

not that what i'm about to cite is anything like your content, but howard stern for example, people love just the bullcrap and natural communication between the people on the other end. I think your banter, joking around, or poking with ideas is just as valuable as the pre-determined topics you discuss

i wouldn't strive to change a thing! i think it's a good natural flow & balanced already

If you want something small and is full frame,chances are that you want a CSC.

for that I would recommend the alpha 7,it shoot 24.3MP photo,and 14bit raw footage and is compact (for a full frame CSC)

A7R is also good,but its 36.3MP sensor might be in a little bit of a disadvantage for low light.

Basically for the New Year I want to get out and socialize more, read a few more books(I actually just ordered 5 books off Amazon last night, can't wait!), and also go camping as that was a favorite past time of mine in the US. I also want to learn more coding, I have learn HTML and I have been studying Java for a while now, but because it's really big compared to simple language like HTML and I also haven't had a lot of time in 2013 to really focus on it like I would have. I started getting in a bit of 3D modeling this year with AutoDesk 3DS Max and while as of right now; I may not be very good at it, I want to increase my skills at it.I want to build more computers. Learn more songs on guitar, was thinking the acoustic version of Seasons by Dragon Force first.

As for upgrading any of my equipment that I use, this may sound like heresy but I am completely satisfied with my computer and don't really have the desire to upgrade it for at least another year or two. Though recently my second 1080p monitor just kicked the bucket so perhaps I can convince myself to get a 1440p monitor or if the prices hit ow enough year, which I doubt, perhaps a 4k monitor. I want to upgrade my camera though. I was given a 10 year old Minolta, which works great and I have taken great pictures with, but if i want to do more photography I may want to upgrade. I'm sure I'll start a  thread here about asking which camera is best for me. Also I want to overhaul my entire audio , because my Turtle Beaches(somewhat good for games, bad for everything else) aren't cutting it anymore and Foobar is great.

On a side note, i want to learn to dance as of multiple occasions I have gone out to some bars and clubs with friends where it was socially expected of me to go out and dance, but I dance as good as Commander Shepard, for anyone who gets that joke. I don't want to learn anything to special, just enough to not look bad. If anything it can't hurt with the ladies. =P

TL;DR:

• To do list: Socialize more, read books, Camping, learn php and C++ after Java, Autodesk 3DS Max, build more computers, and play the guitar more.
  • To upgrade: Not computer, new monitor(1440p or 4k), Camera for photography, Audio setup(headphones and Dac).
  • Sidenote: Become Lord of the Dance.

He'll be in Taiwan for Computex.

I visited the Great Wall and the Forbidden City in 2008. The Forbidden city was cool, but it didn't have the same feel to me as the Great Wall did. I had a much better time at the Great Wall, perhaps because I knew the Great Wall wasn't a recreation like the Forbidden City was.

For new year 2014,basically these for me :

1. A DSLR : check.

2 .New computer : don't really need one,but would be nice to have a gaming pc.

3. New Monitor : 4K Monitor (Wishlist lol)

4. Learn to improve photography and videography. (I suck in both photography and videography.)

5. Get good results at school (Work Harder)

6. Get some new video equipment. (Tripod,Mic etc.)

7. Live happily and peacefully with all of my families,friends.