Multiplayer Streaming with Open Broadcaster Multiplatform | Tek Syndicate

Stream all the players in a multi-player game like a Pro with OpenBroadcaster Multiplatform on Linux. Take a look at the teksyndicate setup we use.

Sign up for a Linode VM on Linode with our referral code to help us out: https://www.linode.com/?r=2b03e76badf...

Of course, you don't have to use linode if you're on fiber or otherwise have good internet. DSL users need not apply LOL sorry.

Need more help or step by step commands? Comment here and let us know!

Anyone want to link up the good OBS guides from the forum and other sites? thanks!!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://teksyndicate.com/videos/multiplayer-streaming-open-broadcaster-multiplatform
6 Likes

I smell a TekWiki page :D

4 Likes

I gave it a thumbs-up on youtube just because, but this might as well have been in Chinese. I did like the white board, though, nice touch!

This video is awesome, you both make it look so easy.

One thing I didn't understand is when you were adding sources on Open Broadcaster you added them as:

rtmp://localhost/nginx1/test
instead of:
rtmp://localhost/nginx1

Looking at your config file I don't see where the '/test' would come from. Is there something I'm missing?

I have to concur with @Radio_God. I felt like...

1 Like

GRIZZLE! Nice to have him be present even if it is just audio. Nice too in this he didn't say anything that made me cringe or pissed me off. LOL! As for streaming the way you guys do it I doubt my brain can handle all that and definitely not inside an OS like Linux. In regards to streaming at all with my 6/1.5 internet from Start right now I also don't think I will be streaming at any point in time soon and it makes me sad. Still though thanks for this video as it shows us Team PGP viewers (Tek Syndicate viewers we need more people watching the live streams and the uploaded videos from them on YouTube) all the hard work that goes into doing what you are doing and it is appreciated.

PS: That one dislike on the video so far has to be from that troll we had that Kreestuh couldn't get rid of that one night.

1 Like

Send this to AwesomeHardware and JayzTwoCents

1 Like

Loved this video. I'm probably gonna play around with the system you have setup a bit

Handjob booths.

But, seriously, I am surprised that more people don't try to tune into their streams more often. I think they have a good dynamic going. I used to catch them live-streaming on Twitch a lot more often, but work switch up my shifts, so I usually have to resort to watching them on youtube the day after.

Awesome stuff guys :)

Great video! - i realy enjoy such content, even if I might not need it at the time. Its ultimately interesting how the backend works.

Even as a dirty Australian I can spin up VM's with bandwidth from people like Digitalocean. I do often to check shit out. Im sure there are many other alternatives as well...Other than being in Australia and on a pair of cans attached by a string.

2 Likes

Handjob booths? Uh sorry but it is not the usual to hear Grizzle in a video on YouTube. Also I don't think my statement was all praise to him.

The amount of Linux im surprised this isn't on TekLinux

Never the less, @wendell we want more!

I like this setup. Nginx just seems to do anything.

original plan was to split into two videos -- how to + heres how, thats coming for the "DIY Cloud" version of the video.
but two videos were too short. Someday we'll be able to afford helpers to get better broll and help organize the shot list. right now top priority is making sure all the info you need to replicate is X.

1 Like

Yeah 20~ min was about right I think, theres enough how and detail there that you can take that away and figure it out. Maybe some additional write up if theres time for the more detail / config parts that dont fit well on video.

No apologies necessary.

The handjob booths was a reference to something he said last stream.

What level of Linode do you guys use for this?

I am sure the $10 one will be just fine.

This video has me intrigued. Currently have 80/20 fibre in the uk with a 13ms ping (i can see the exchange from my house)
What id like to do id play and direct multi streams through obs.
Would a virtual machine on my pc be the better option to lower bandwith use? So i only have 1 upload to twitch?