MS scummy once again. Die commerce die

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/53241/xbox-one-rocks-overclocked-gpu-boosted-frame-rates/index.html

MS did this intentionally just to allow them to sell a new version of the console and boost the price of any Xbox One console killing the old Xbox One console. Seriously this OC couldn't have been done on the original system? C'mon MS! Die commerce die!

I think you are overreacting.
This have been happening since the console gaming have been console gaming.
Just last generation, Playstation 3 have had 3 or 4 different versions, each of them with slight improvements over the previous one...
PSP 3000 series is way WAY better than the 1000 series.
Ofcourse they could have done that with the original XB1. They could have come up with a 2TB HDD version as well. But they decided to go for Kinect.
They will be releasing soon Scorpio with 480 in it. Compared to the 7850 in the original XB1 and the 7850 OC in the 1S, the scorpio will be killing it.

3 Likes

In regards to console performance there was never a mention about performance increases with the previous generation at all. It was just that some had version brought out that had larger capacity size of storage or they were smaller. It isn't overreacting. It is utter disappointment in the way commerce does what it does and gets worse with every day that passes.

Why some of us love Linux specially the 100% open source versions of it. It's not because we think its the best OS..But just the feeling nobody can fuck us over when we are in it too deep.

2 Likes

i am sorry, but i must say this...
DUDE, IT'S XBOX...
You should have stopped having any interest in it back 3 years ago, when they told you TV, kinekt spying and restrictions are more important that the games.
If you are disappointed NOW, you have some masochistic tendencies, alongside like 18 million other people. It's like complaining Nvidia cards are expensive. They came out and said they are not caring about gaming, and you are surprised 3 years later. They have been open in every step of consumer contempt.
I am sorry if this sound rude, but god damn it...

2 Likes

Microsoft intentionally trying to make money? Their shareholders must be pissed right now. How dare they.

3 Likes

If you think that Microsoft cares about the quality of the user experiences of their customers at all anymore, you are very naive. Need I remind you that they fired all of their QC staff.

Microsoft's customers are nothing more than a means to an end, the end being to make Microsoft more and more money. For the most part, they're like mindless, brainless cattle. Give them feed and they'll just chomp through it regardless of what is in it, and they'll crap a constant stream gold in return. They don't complain about the experience, and even if they do, there's nothing they can actually do to change it, because Microsoft has the keys to the kingdom. That's why we call the lay people "The Zombie Masses/Hordes", because all they do is consume.

If you're disappointed in the consoles now, you're really really late to the party, because we were tearing the consoles limb-from-limb since before they were even released.

No. That's the last thing we need. Capitalism is amazing. Just don't be surprised when large corporations take advantage of its characteristics and the incompetence of its regulators.

1 Like

It also has a built in power supply, no more external brick, is smaller, can be set on its side as there is a better cooling system in it now, is overclocked on CPU AND GPU, and it can handle bigger hard drives and externals better. Plus the motherboard has a slightly different layout. I think its smaller than it was and it draws less power

In short, deal with it..

Do you think I care about MS's shareholders? I don't think they care about me either so they can go to hell for all I care.

Someone's salty.

3 Likes

@KemoKa73 it is amazing the things people say and the way they try to put words in people's mouths. I know you are trying to imply that I am naive but no I am not. They only care about the experiences of customers if it helps them meet their bottom line and that is making money. It does not mean I can't say what they did here was scummy.

@FaunCB someone uses terms that are stupid. Salty is actually good. You ever try McDonald's fries? A huge number of people worldwide go back to that restaurant just for the fries. Salt adds flavor to food. As for using this term to talk about crying/tears you are just trying to infuriate me and what good does that do me or anybody else? No good. Stop it.

Who put a nickel in you? I'm hardly trying to do anything here, you're just on an anticonsole/M$ rampage here. Both I appreciate, though its unreasonable at this point.

So no, I won't stop it.

Not really sure what is so scummy about them oc'ing the new exbox :) They made no wrongful claims that i aware of ? From what i understand it performs a little better than they claim. Has greater storage ..................

All hail the 4k hype! Prepare yourself to get 4ked! Now, bend over.

blueray 4k'ed :)

oh come on... this isn't polaris based? wtf...

Yeah, movies in higher resolution than at cinemas.... makes total sense.

On the desktop I am fine with any resolution but the moment shit starts to move it doesn't make any difference.
But hey, it is everyones choice to pay for getting 4ked. Hard.

If you do not perceive the purchase of the new device to be beneficial in proportion to the cost, you are completely free to decline the transaction.

Or in terms more appropriate for your reaction: You are an absolutely horrible person for not selling me your car (I assume you own one) for $2 US.

1 Like