'Mr. Robot', new - actually decent - Hacker/Drama series *SPOILERS*

Just stumbled upon this this series.
I'm actually rather surprised by how good it actually was, the pilot was written and acted very well.
There's actually a terminal being used with no flashy-bullshit VFX to represent the innards of a computer for a change!

The show does remind me of 'Dexter' though, in the sense of a character with a social-disconnect to the world, along with his keepsakes of his "victims".

It's just been given the go-ahead for 10 eps.

Check it out for yourself and let us know what you think.

11 Likes

Thanks for posting the trailer, funny my wife was just telling me about the show last night, after watching the trailer it looks like it has potential I'll keep a eye out for it next month.

Will look into it later.

Have you seen Halt and Catch fire?

Yeah, I've seen Halt and Catch Fire.
Season 2 is about to start.

Silicon Valley is also okay for something stupid/funny to watch, if not for this scene alone.

I have a hard time believing anything truly great would be on USA... they mostly put out fairly bland stuff that's semi-watchable, but I guess you never know.

I like Silicon Valley quite a bit. It's basically the Mike Judge version of Betas. I'm personally a fan of this (ns4w) scene:

The whole episode is fantastic actually.

This does look fairly interesting, I will have to check it out. Thanks.

This also reminds me, I'm going to see Ex Machina this weekend, oh man I love tech movies!

I saw 'Ex Machina' last night.
A very thought provoking film.
Let me know what you think of it. :)

There's actually some decent tech films/series coming out lately.... Minus 'Blackhat'... That was terrible!

Check out 'Automata' and 'Disconnect' if you haven't already.

I'll have to check Automata it looks pretty good. Also I have seen disconnect, it was pretty good too.

Did you ever see Chappy? I thought it was a great movie.

Yeah, I saw Chappie a few weeks ago.
Wasn't bad. I enjoyed it for the most part, but the gangster part/personality of Chappie kind of annoyed me.

Hilarious seeing Hugh Jackman with a mullet.

This is a good anime mini series and I think they just did a movie. Same concepts.

1 Like

Looks all right.
I've shied away from anime since my mid-teens, I'll give it a shot though.
Cheers. :)

Funny I have embraced anime more since high school age. I guess it's because adults don't judge people like in highschool.

u wot m8

Game of Thrones
Fargo
True Detective
Breaking Bad

all masterpieces.

I said ON USA (as in the cable network), not IN the USA. Those shows are/were on HBO, FX, HBO (again) and AMC respectively. The USA network makes shows like Royal Pains and Psych.

2 Likes

Oh.

Just watched a bit of the pilot. Pretty interesting, not too much nonsensical techno-babble. Of course there was the whole thing about hacking individual persons (hurr durr imma brute force your facebook password), not sure how realistic that is.

Then just in 10 minutes they had to introduce a classic "Chad" (social and outgoing, athletic, after the protagonist's love interest) character against the scrawny nerd protagonist.

I just watched the 1st episode. It's really good. The real world relates to this show to scary extent. And the ending was fucking intense.

3 Likes

Yeah, there's some discrepanciesis the sow, but IMO it doesn't take the piss too much.

Yeah, as soon as I saw the "Chad" and love interest plot I kinda face-palmed a bit.
Really getting tired of shows throwing love stories in the background - yes, they can be beneficial to the whole story, but most of the time it's a gimmick. Here's hoping they don't screw this show up anytime soon.

I watched the first episode last night, and I was really impressed with it.

I wonder, though; what if something like this actually happened in real life?

I like the official trailer better:

With have to catch it sometime.