Motorola Droid Turbo - Calls have stopped working?

Hi, I have a Motorola Droid Turbo with Verizon Wireless, and earlier today I noticed that calls have stopped working. Whenever I try to call someone with a standard voice call, There would be no ring or sound. When someone would call me my phone will ring, but there is no sound coming from the other end when I pick up. All other sound on the device is working perfectly.

I rebooted the phone and tried again. Now when I call (while it shows I DO have service bars) there will be no ring and after a few moments all my bars will disappear and I will get a message saying "Call is not connected, would you like to retry?" and then my phone will claim I have lost service and that the roaming indicator is on, before returning to normal 4G LTE a few seconds later. Data internet connections are working fine... Also, other Droid Turbos in the same house and on the same plan are working just fine.

Does anyone have any idea what may be wrong and what I should do? I thought I would ask here first because it's after business hours for the verizon store near me and I'd rather not deal with them if I don't have to.

Make sure wifi calling is turned off. Download the app cache cleaner app from the play store. Clear the all of the cache completely, then turn your phone off, remove the battery and the SIM card. Reassemble the phone and see if it works.

I'm not sure where the wifi calling setting is, if one exists. I cleared the cache and power cycled the phone. The battery is irremovable and the sim card is internal on Verizon, so I can't remove that either. I attempted to call one of my contacts and there was a black screen for about 10 seconds then it showed the words "Roaming indicator on - Out of service area" and the same message saying "Call is not connected, would you like to retry?"

Go to
Settings -> Network & Internet -> Mobile Network
and disable VoLTE feature.
It restored calls for me.

Thread closed as it was outside the guidelines for thread revival. Please PM me or another moderator if you feel the thread was closed in error. See the FAQ for more information.

Feel free to create a new thread if you wish to continue this thread’s conversation.