Minisforum BD770i Troubles [Solved]

:thinking::roll_eyes::person_facepalming:t2:

If they advertising the Board with RTX 4090 / RX 7900 XTX Compatibility, the RTX 40 Series SHOULD be in the UEFIā€¦

But i dont buy an 4090 just to look if it worksā€¦ (Its a damn A4 Buildā€¦ i just can use 2 Slot Cards and i dont want any other Case right now cuz i build the WHOLE DAMN SYSTEM around this Board & Caseā€¦ :grimacing: )

Fun Questionā€¦ when the BD770i only supports AMD Graphics Cards cuz its an AMD Plattformā€¦
does the Minisforum AR650i/AR900i with 13650HX/13900HX only supports Intel Graphics Cards cuz its an Intel Plattform? :upside_down_face: :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Make sure you circle and highlight the 16x 1.1

I think English is not their first language

1 Like

The Mail ive sent to [email protected]:

Dear Minisforum Support,

i come to you after your inshop Support wasnt really able to help me exept ā€œSorry, not support itā€.

It is a really nice and awesome board and i am really enjoying using it - currently with an AMD RX 6800 instead of an RTX 4070 Ti.

Why?

Because the RX 6800 is running at Full Power with an Connection of PCI-Express 4.0 like its normal,

The RTX 4070 Ti is only running at PCI-Express 1.0 so it is nearly unusable as Gaming Machine. And i mean not just in IDLE - It also only uses PCI-Express 1.0 under LOAD.

Why nVidia Graphic Cards only get PCI-Express 1.0 from the Board? Are these Missing in the UEFI/Bios?

If your Browser is not able to show you the Pictures directly embedded into this Mail, i will add them also as Attachment to help you as much as i can with this Issue.

I hope you will fix that Problem in the Future with new UEFI Updates, because - as i already said - i think this Board is awesome and i love it and others will too for sure. :slight_smile:

Best regards from Germany,

Martin

1 Like

Minisforum provided me with an new UEFI for the Board,

But cuz of Christmas preparations ive no time to disassemble the System again to check it out. (My Wife would KILL me if i do for sure :grimacing:)

@wendell can you please?

The File: DRFXI_1.04_231205A (mediafire.com)

Screens from UEFI GPU Section now:

Very nice and should solve the Problem once and for all. :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Bifurcation whoa noice!

I was only able to intermittently get it to look the GPU at 4x, will flash and try in a bit

3 Likes

Have fun and merry Christmas :vulcan_salute:

In the meantime the new Firmware went online on the Support-Website

Guess now this Board is a real Force to be reckon with. Simply Love it and the Higher-End Versions will be even better. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I nearly guess this Thread is finished, exept wendell will find any inconsistency.

Happy Christmas to you all and happy new year if we dont read this days. :hugs:

1 Like

Wow thank you so much, I was really getting pissed off that i wasnā€™t able to get my 4060 working. How do you install the updated uefi? just over a usb stick like a regular bios flash?

Thats why iam here. :slight_smile:

Easy: Just put the Folder in the Root of ur Main Drive, restart (not necessary but i recommend it just to not have any disturbing apps open) and then you execute ā€œWinFlash.batā€ with Admin Rights (Right Click, ā€œrun as Administratorā€) - then the Flash will start, you will notice the Board even have Backup-Routines - i didnt expect that to be honest.

When its finished it will restart - go into UEFI and set the GFX Lane Speed at ā€œGen4ā€ and ure ready to go. :ok_hand:

Have fun

Martin

Edit: If uve any more Questions just throw it in here, ill try to help as good as i can. So this Thread isnt useless :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

Thanks again brother, Iā€™ve built many computers but never had an issue quite like this before. Iā€™ve never flashed anything besides a bios with a flash option, what do you mean by root of my main drive? Is it a specific folder in windows? Sorry, not a programmer or into software. Iā€™m just barely computer literate lol.

Nah Bro, thank me if it have worked. :laughing:

Root means that you just throw the Folder into C:\ for example.

You dont have too, but that keeps the Adress shortā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Ah okay cool, just wanted to make sure I didnā€™t F that up lol.

1 Like

I know exactly what ya mean lol

Iam also not comfortable with Windows Flashā€¦ but in this Case its the way to go.

Just ensure you let it go and dont do anything beside like browsing and so onā€¦ itll be fine. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I noticed your update BIOS was named DRFXI. Wow, I have been eagerly waiting for Profect DRFXI with itā€™s Ryzen 9 7945HX3D or I wanted to jump on your BD770i. However, I wanted to wait for the BD770i with the 7945HX as it is shown on MinisForum Store under the first tab of product overview when you scroll down a bit.

I would prefer the Project DRFXI motherboard with the Jonspro D31 Mesh Case vs. The little 6L case they have shown. I digress.

The point is that your BIOS file name confrims that DRFXI is alive and probably close to fruition. I will take the 7945HX3D or 7945HX however MinisForum has to offer itā€¦case or no case (preferably.)

For me and my usecase the 8/16 C/T 7745HX is more then enough. :slight_smile:
But yeah, IF there will be an 8/16 C/T X3D Update anywhere in the futureā€¦ wellā€¦ yeah ill take it. :smiley:

Thank you so much for posting this. I have a setup with a 4060 LP in a K39 and was going crazy trying to figure out the BIOS update. I have updated my systems dozens of times and this was the first time I was stumped.

The crazy thing is the gaming performance is pretty good even at 1.0 speeds. I knew it wasnā€™t just a visual bug when the 3DMark bandwidth test crashed.

Canā€™t wait to update the firmware and get this straight. I was considering tearing the system apart and rebuilding.

2 Likes

Yeah, as ive written in the initial Post i just stumbled over this Issue cuz some Games i know very well had strange ā€œStuttersā€ or ā€œGlitchesā€ likeā€¦ Streamingproblemsā€¦ The FPS i felt did not match the FPS i got shownā€¦

Thats how i went on to figure out whats goin on. :slight_smile:

Did you update the Firmware in the Meantime?

1 Like

Yes, your instructions were spot on. It did take quite awhile for the firmware to update from within W11. So we are out of the woods, partially. Best I can get is Gen 3.0 x8. I tried various lane configs and generation options, but the best I can get is 3.0 x8. I did confirm I purchased a Gen 4.0 riser cable as well. I guess the next step is to reseat the GPU. The cable is just long enough, so weā€™ll see how that goes.

Well, well, wellā€¦

Just as I was going to reseat the GPU, after going from x8 1.1, to x8 3.0, I see a new firmware 1.05 appear. It has 1 fix listed:

BIOS Description:

• 1.Fix nvida 4060/4070/4090 graphics card only working on GEN1 issue*

I updated and we are getting x8 4.0! Patience paid off this time.

TechPowerUp GPU-Z Screenshot 2024.01.02 - 21.20.09.47

2 Likes

Very nice - did the Update also bout 30mins ago and got Message from the Forum that u replied here. :smiley:

1 Like