Microsoft Looking to Switch Windows 10 to a complete Desktop as a Service model

When I first installed windows 10 none of my software worked. When I say this I mean I did the update. Then get into windows 10 and slowly each piece of software would lock up until the process running the start menu locked up and eventually windows would lock up. All with in 10 minutes of log in. I could find No solution. Tired reinstalling ( Botched update right?) Nah still problems.

Now some might say that this was hardware issues. Well that same z97 mobo and 4770k ran ran windows 10 a year later with no issues like that. I still don’t know what the fuck was happening with it.

That’s crazy, I’ve heard some stories of people having issues with 10 and performance (on good hardware), but they’re far and few between.

I had read something a while back that had some interesting stats about Vista. Can’t find it now, but check this out:

2008 and this dude is talking about a lot of what we’re still talking about today lol. Warning: Lot of dead “Not Found” links. But, I think it’ll give you the general picture about what people were experiencing with Vista.

Enterprise adaptation is waaay ahead of Vista with the Windows 10 and overall the average user enjoys using it.

Crazy Right? Like When I gave up on xp pro x64 and upgraded to vista I also did a system upgrade at the same time. Which I can probably say is the reason I never really had any issues with it. And then 7 came out not like 2 years after I finally made the switch.

When I was running 10 (the year later.) I never had any big system breaking issues only the. Only the annoyances of Windows 10. Up until recently.

I see this once again as a big fuck you to students. The fact that MS is using that to their advantage is pretty crappy. When I buy hardware I expect it to be mine just as much as the software… Especially if I’m paying for it.

But others will pay for it because you know–its Windows. I hope to God the PixelBook can overtake the Surface lineup. If Linux isn’t going to truly take off then at least ChromeOS has a chance.

But take any of what was said with a grain of salt.

MS just announced extended support for Windows 7 and MANY sites are spinning it off as “Windows as a service.”

Enterprise customers have had it for years. Yet only now are tech publications scaremongering that M$ is about to switch all Windows to Windows as a Service.

Urgh.

*Insert Picard here*

I don’t have any specific information about ChromeOS telemetry, but it seems you’re trading one hivemind for the other. Instead of beaming all your browsing habits to Microsoft, you’re sending them to Google. Is that really an improvement?

At least it seems like its easy to install Linux on a Chromebook.

They did the same thing to XP IIRC. Although, it was only for enterprise customers, and they had to pay an insane amount of monies.

But this time tech sites are leaving the “enterprise only” portion out and trying to scare people into thinking “You have to pay to use Windows 7 starting from the EOL date.” and they didn’t even specify it was a EOL date, they just gave the date.

Now that’s just dishonest.

1 Like

It’s almost like people have an irrational, inherent bias against Microsoft…

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

2 Likes

At least the information I submit to Google makes my life more convenient. I wouldn’t necessarily say an improvement but I have yet to see MS use any data that they collect for good. With a Chromebook you have choice in operating system at the very least. Linux perfectly works. I have yet to see a new Surface run it without having to go leaps and bounds to fix things that should work out of the box. But anyway, to answer your question, yes I’d say so. Because I have choice in the matter. With the Surface, I don’t.

It was Forbes:

That’s just for continued updates. Nobody is going to have pay just to use their computers.

Yeah, but this article is a scaremongering article. You thought fake news was bad?