MFZuul tries it: The saga of the X220T (Never going to give you up Bside)

Chapter One: The Meat

1. Sourcing, Cleaning, and Prepping: the first steps of the x220T
  2. Libreboot/CoreBoot, Scripts to add functionality, Programs
  3. Upgrading the Dock (looking thicc)
  4. Pushing past the limits in a sane way (meme edition)
  5. Living in paradise

Chapter Two: The ramble

Ever since stumbling on these videos in mid to late 2018:

I have been enthralled by the x220T and thinkpads. From my attempts to get an x131 to work as a school laptop (was great but the keyboard could not come close to the x220) to my newer laptops with “better” specs… to even my desktop. The X220T remains and calls to me. When I head the call I return to a state of computing perfection that has not been matched to this day.

I would go so far as to say this is what everyone should have and is all you need for everything at home but gaming (still need to test game streaming via the deck.) On the go game dev or someone that needs to compile huge code bases, on the go artists (even though my x220T is great to draw on) that need to edit video or photos sure I can see where the x220T would perhaps hold you back. However at home or if you have good internet a headless server to offload these tasks would be far better than all in one. I wish to even show you that video editing and compiling can be done on the go with this thing better than you think.

Over time I hope to show you that this old battle axe still has an edge, and what you think holds you back really only helps your creative process and makes you a more competent person holistically. This idea that more power is better rarely hold, rather we see today how lazy it makes many and efficiently wains with the cope of “the cpu/gpu with handle it, I don’t need to refine my code.”

Thinking this will be more of a landing page, links to other posts, sites, videos of mine and others to help guide you (and myself) on how one can take the x220 and push it far beyond that which society tells you it can go.