Return to Level1Techs.com

Mechanical Keyboard Corner

keyboard

Impulse buy…

4 Likes

Let me know what they are like. I have fallen way behind on my knowledge since I found ones I like. It is kind of crazy how many ever-so-slightly-different switch variants that the community can justify, I am half expecting a '83 game crash style scenario.

1 Like

Bought into it when the original drop ran last year.
Following that development has been a shitshow.
A whole lot of not communicating and community distrust developing

0 Likes

Sound like massdrop all right.

1 Like

How do you like the switches though?

1 Like

They haven’t shipped yet, they are planned to ship 20th of may.
But there has been a whole lot of not communicating in the process, they had to fix a broken mold which has caused a huge delay

1 Like

Oh damn, so are they just adding onto the first production run with the new drop or do you think it’ll be another year?

0 Likes

From looking at the comment section it seems like overstock. They ordered extras since they were already at it

1 Like

I have not mentioned this.
I am greatly ashamed, but i bought the new model F kishsaver and some addon shit.
500$ out of the bank, i feel dirty, but they are great keyboards.
My Model F XT has also corrupted me.
I normally have layer switch on the capslock key, but now i have fallen in love with having alt instead of caps lock.
Making layer switching more cumbersome.

2 Likes

Me too

0 Likes

Me three

1 Like

I normally don’t have much of an interest in other switches (loved my das Keyboard Ultimate) because Cherry kept my interest. However after listening to those Holy Panda switches, super intriguing…

0 Likes

White alps or bust

mint alps or die

0 Likes

Let just order some for my new build… Oh wait.

I would like an alps build but they are just no supported much, I would need to hand wire to get to what I am used to with MX switches.

2 Likes

Just got in my CTRL High Profile keyboard from MassDrop. I picked up the black one with Kailh box white switches.

It was the first thing I have gotten from MassDrop that shipped early. It wasn’t supposed to get shipped until May 22nd, but I got it in today.

I will post some pictures, and my thoughts on it a little later after I have used it for a bit, flashed the firmware with my keymap and other customization, and gotten to use the switches for a while. It will be fun to mess around with QMK and all it can do.

1 Like

Got this kbd kit. I like it a lot except the stabilizers rattle a lot. It’s like every other component is high end except the stabilizers which is infuriating given the cost.

Any recommendations?

1 Like

I’ve got a WASD Code keyboard with Cherry Browns.

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/code-keyboard/code-104-key-mechanical-keyboard-2921.html

I originally got it because the idea of having a dedicated hardware toggle to switch to Colemak excited me.

Good keyboard? Sure.

Good enough to justify a $160 price tag? Nope.

0 Likes

Cherry stabs?

Thicker lube, so that it grabs the wire will help a lot with the rattle.

1 Like

Yeah

I think they came without any lube or at least I read somewhere on reddit that the kbd stabilizers come dry. Given the noise they’re making, it makes sense.

What lube do you recommend? Is there like a cadillac cherry stabilizer I can buy 3rd party? This board only takes 3, so even if they’re expensive, shouldn’t be extreme compared to what I already put into the board…

1 Like

Yeah they almost always come dry, it would only Bea community effort board/kit that would include the lube for stabs and even at that you would likely have to apply it yours self anyway.

People use all sorts of stuff.

1 Like