Mechanical Keyboard Corner

Its the same as the original with a few updates. Like better RGB on the models that have RGB.

Though that listing appears to be dead. So there’s also that.

I would like to find a vintage ortho but sadly theres not many out there and the ones that pop up are usually gone fast or expensive
Still would be interesting to try.

Just watching the Punisher and noticed the beige… looks like an AT101 but not 100% sure
punisherkeyboard

puninshegrher

1 Like

The AT101 is an Alps bigfoot, so its bigger and the sides are shaped like a banana:
qrOZbwv

Ortholinear keyboards with blank keycaps are the most confusing thing for me…
profile-of-atomic-with-gateron-pbt

2 Likes

There’s many, many AT101 and RT101s so thats why I didn’t specify Dell AT101.
Its definitely not a model M either.
Beyond that not sure.
Is Probably modified a little as well so theres no obvious badges because its a TV show.

Edit;
For example this is an NMB RT101.

1 Like

I really want to get a Planck some day, but I would never get blank keycaps :stuck_out_tongue:

I have a Vortex Core with browns coming in the mail any day now. I had it shipped to Amazon locker, but somehow there was a mix-up and the locker was full, so right now it’s stuck in USPS limbo.

It sucks because I ordered the keyboard, and then I ordered a new wrist pad later that day because mine is getting grimy, and the wrist pad made it here first. I was waiting to get a notification for the keyboard so I’d just pick them up at the same time, and then I get an email about an hour later saying the locker was full. I would have much rather it worked out the other way around.

Update: I called Amazon customer support because that’s what it says to do in the mobile app, and my worst fears have been confirmed. USPS put it down as “incorrect address”. Lady from Amazon says she’ll have to contact USPS on Monday because USPS isn’t open on the weekends. So I won’t get it until Monday at the earliest, could be Tuesday.

Once it comes in I’ll post pictures of my keyboards. I don’t really have anything that exciting, but I do have a lot of them.

2 Likes

i got front-printed keycaps, with the idea that they would help me get to the point where i could transition to blanks. but really, they’ve just convinced me i shouldn’t :stuck_out_tongue:

not that i dislike them; i love 'em. but i’m convinced blanks are not for me

(old picture. the super keys have since been replaced with blanks. they really stick out, here, because they’re ABS and all the new ones are PBT.)

1 Like

Ive had blanks on one keyboard and I used it for about 4 months. It forced me to type correctly and to also not look at the keyboard as much because if the caps are blank theres no point looking at them lol

Now I mostly use normal keycaps but I’m not opposed to blanks. Just like the other keyboards I have that don’t have custom caps better currently.

I will eventually get new caps for my AEK II though (and possibly new switches from matias) but they are alps mount so thats a thing.

Well, my Ajazz AK33 finally crapped out on me. Even after I thought I fixed it, it still had the same problem and screwed me over while playing some games one too many times. It was the perfect layout for me too, size of a 60% but had a few more keys that were very useful such as printscreen, delete, page up/down and even arrow keys. Guess I shouldn’t be surprised, it can be had for just $18 straight from China.

I almost want to buy another one but dont want to risk having the same problem 6 months later. The Vortex POK3R RGB looks good, might give that one a shot when I get some extra cash. For now im having to use my wireless laptop keyboard, which doesnt make me happy, to say the least.

Edit: Layout is 75% lol, not 60%. Now I have a better idea what im looking for.

First time seeing the Vertex Core, kindly let us know how it is on here so I can make a better decision if you could please! Looks perfect for portability, durability, and minimalism!

Oh boy, the Vortex Core is so nice, hope yours arrive soon!
I really can’t use 40% keyboards, but i have a 60% Anne Pro with Gateron Browns coming from China.
It think i’m going to end removing the LEDs, putting Cherry Blacks on it and finishing it all of with retro DSA keycaps

Pretty sure they are surface mount RGB LEDs. You don’t need to remove them to replace the switches, and it would be a pain and messy to take them off anyway.

On the off chance you want to use them in the future, because as far as RGB boars go it is a nice one, you could take the browns out and take them apart and put the black sliders in the browns housing. That way you get to keep the clear switch housing for the LEDs to work and get the linear of the blacks.

Or don’t buy Cherry blacks, get Gateron ones instead. Clear housings and super smooth action. Unless you are going Cherry Silent Blacks but those are kind or pricey.

1 Like

Maybe i’ll get Gateron Blacks, about the LEDs, RGB is really not my thing, perhaps i’ll put black housings on the switches as well.

Got it today! I called Amazon again, they said I would have to wait til the locker wasn’t full or I could pick it up at USPS. So I went to USPS with the tracking number and the guy said it had just left the building basically. Then I got a notification about five minutes later saying it had been delivered to the locker, so apparently a spot opened up just in time.

It is really hard to get used to. I didn’t really consider everything I’d be missing without the number row. I was using a WASD Code 60% and that still has a number row, so pretty much everything that I would need can be reached just like a full-size keyboard for me, with the exception of arrow keys.

This one, in order to put an apostrophe, I have to hold down Fn1+B, which is waaaay different. I keep hitting Enter on accident because I keep forgetting.

I do love the feel of the keyboard overall though. The MX Browns with PBT caps just feel amazing, and they’re so much quieter than my WASD which has Blues and ABS caps. I suppose this point could be made about any keyboard with Browns and PBT caps though, with a slight variation in sound depending on the backplate and case.

I also like the split space bar because there’s basically no wiggle whatsoever since they’re smaller keys.

I thought it was really weird that is uses micro instead of mini USB. I’m not sure if there’s any disadvantage to that, but I was surprised because most others I’ve seen use mini.

I’ll keep it for now. The only thing that’s really slowing me down is the number row. I’m hitting about 65 WPM and normally I’m at about 80. I’m getting used to it pretty quickly though. I’ll give it a week and see, otherwise I might return it and just buy some Brown switches and PBT caps and convert my WASD.

EDIT: Forgot to include my one complaint. It’s flat. I wish, for the price, they would have incorporated some sort of extendable rear feet. They don’t have to come out far, just maybe like half an inch to give it some sort of slope.

1 Like

As cool as that keyboard is… where is the numeric key pad?

Its a 10 keyless, and its mostly geared towards gaming so numpad isn’t exactly necessary.

Though I do have a separate numpad with brown cherry switches.

I’m really interested to see how it works out. The concept behind it is definitely something I could see coming in handy for racing games.

Linus goes over it a bit.
(time stamped)

Also everything is on their website.

https://www.wooting.nl/wootingone

It works really well for driving, I don’t use the analog much for regular movement in FPS unless its a stealthy kind of game.

These are the ones I’m using

• Corsair K95 Gunmetal Cherry MX Speed switches (Imported from US via Amazon)
  • Corsair K70 “Red” with red-leds and Cherry MX Red switches (Nov 2016)
  • Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S (Tenkeyless) Cherry MX Brown (Bought in 2016)
  • Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S (Tenkeyless) Cherry MX Brown (New as of last-month!)

Big fan of the Cherry MX browns for coding/productivity related tasks; the Reds/speeds are decent for gaming/MOBA etc.