Mechanical Keyboard Corner

Do the stems line up with the holes under the space bar. If you flip it upside down and put it beside it, it all lines up right?

If it is the case the that stabiliser is just not staying in the hole, you can fix it with a little thin plastic over the stem to take up the gap.

From your video, half the stabilier the right side, is seated correctly, but the left side seems to not be attached at all.

EDIT: Looks nice though.

Get some pics of the under side of the space bar sat next to the stabs, and/or the new spacebar under side next to the old one.

As for the gap cling film/saran wrap work good.

Thats not enough it also needs to have the wire stabilizer on it. The MX ones donā€™t help as much.
I.e.
blogger-image--797900596

Not exactly like that but still.

Also what @Zibob said

1 Like

I so prefer Costar to Cherry stabs. Filco for life.

1 Like

Or old style Cherry stabs with both the cherry stabs and wire. Trying to find I pic of one lol.
Or alps/ etc boards do it similarly.
I.e.

Or the ones on my AEK IIā€¦ Which I cant seem to find atm lol.
Edit; I think this is it.
Vjn2SXV

And the integrated stabilizer latches into the keyboard (case? PCB? Metal plate on PCBā€¦ ) and makes a wonderfully stable space bar, one of the better designs if you donā€™t break it in dissasembly lol

Thereā€™s a wire stabilizer thingy

1 Like

Every one I have used has both. Old and new, just commonly now the wire is under the plate so you canā€™t see it, instead of above like those older ones, or just exposed as the older board tended not to have plates.

Then you need to do what @Zibob said and make sure the MX mount lines up with the stab correctly.

1 Like

IMG_20171103_215156
IMG_20171103_215740

Fixed it by using a small piece of a grocery bag. Itā€™s rock solid now, no more teeter toddlering!

1 Like

I need to try that plastic trick on my Aristotle board. The stabilizer inserts are so loose on that board they just fall out of the keycaps.

1 Like

Seems to be working well right now. Teflon tape might work too.

Good stuff, happy clacking.

Fun fact: I canā€™t find proper O-rings for my keyboard in the local hardware stores. I mean non of them sells that kind of stuffā€¦ Tried a couple moding stores. No luckā€¦
So yeahā€¦ May be Iā€™ll try Aliexpress againā€¦

Also reddit is useful

Appreciate it, but I am kinda few thousand miles awayā€¦

Its $4 and Iā€™m pretty sure they do international shipping

The shipping will be ridiculously expensiveā€¦
Iā€™ll just carry on without any ringsā€¦

aliexpress. $4 and free shipping almost always. It will take a while but you will get then cheap.

Yeahā€¦
I wanted to boycott AE, but I guess after the O-ringsā€¦

Why so?

Well, the last 10 orders I made was 50-50 arrived and havenā€™t arrived. Not to mention itā€™s 60-40 refunded and not refunded, not to mention itā€™s not full refund, so yeahā€¦
In order to save money on item A, I have to pay for the item B, that will not arriveā€¦
I am still waiting on 3 more orders, that will never arrive.