Mechanical Keyboard Corner

no a rj11 telephone jack. it was really old . my local recycling center has a (non alps) one of these ill try to get over there and take a picture.

That is a terminal one then. Its not unlike a lot of the WYSE 4P4C connectors, but the IBM terminal standard is a bit different than the WYSE ones are & both are very much not phone connectors lol.

Too weeb enough?

These enjoyPBT caps are actually pretty nice.

6 Likes

Guess I can finally join the ranks here with my latest upgrade:

4 Likes

Do you have it in hand? How is it to use with those keys?

It was much more difficult to get used to the switch than the round keycap. Though this is my first mechanical board so that's to be expected.

Ah what switches are they?

tough to say. none of the information it came with, nor any that I can find gives an answer. They're clicky, and the documentation says blues, though it's not branded cherry so idk.

Ah okay. Probably one of the clones like Outemu or Khail. Blues is the identifier either way. They usually all follow the same colour to type formula barring the companies own proprietary switches, they they are usually translatable to known types.

Liking them so far?

OArmy switches is what I can find. Never heard of them.

They are blues, probably an Outemo rebrand.

also @Big_Al_Tech
i want this keyboard.
it has a pizza button. lol

1 Like

Might be arriving this week!

FUCKING HYPED!!!

2 Likes

That plate is certainly not the color I expected when I chose cyan.

(The vendor for the group buy seems to have dropped the ball in many regards)

Just need to remap some keys and get a new cable and some caps and this board will be good to go.

I'm really liking this layout.

3 Likes

Currently typing on this at work, black space invaders. ISO layout which kinda sucks, but Iโ€™ll get used to it.

I love the sound of typing on bubble wrap. But I still think that I like the sound of un-lubricated blues.

From what I have seen on Youtube, Outemu switches seem to popular in Indonesia and South Korea.

GTFO you rebel scum!

I joke, but I will also happily take a space invader board off you for the hassle of ISO.

ISO is the best.

1 Like

Forgot to mention that my Wooting One arrived, just trying to get my analog settings adjusted but so far so good.

2 Likes

Hey guys. I just finished desoldering my keyboard and placed my new layout of switches (not soldered yet). Tell me if itโ€™s a bad design what would you change? All clear swithes are Gateron the blacks are cherry.

In addition i have extra single switches from the test board(upper right corner) + 3 types of springs. Any idea what i could do with them? I like keys like ESC, Enter, caps lock to be heavy.

1 Like