Matrix 4 thread

I only got a couple of clues of what’s going on, but this trailer did really left me scratch my head with what’s going on in it:

• Looks like the Matrix is going through a new iteration, but for some reasons Neo still has all his powers
  • You can see the new oracle inside the trailer, it’s the indian girl that’s smiling at Neo for a bunch of frames inside a bar
  • There’s a character that looks and acts exactly like Morpheus so I guess it’s him, but he’s been reset like the whole Matrix
  • There’s a scene in which Trinity get’s disconnected from the Matrix again, so it could be that there has never been a true peace between Zion and the machines. The machines keep cloning almost all the same people, so it’s a progressive iteration Matrix goes through
  • The title, resurrection, it surely relates to Neo getting resuscitated for some reason. Following the statement just before it could be that they resurrect him to make him part of progressive iterations of the Matrix, which is stupid going by the premise of the original trilogy in my opinion.

I don’t know what to think about this movie, I’m not trying to be someone that bashes a movie before even seeing it. But what my brain is able to gather from the trailer, doesen’t look right to me. We’ll see I guess.

So THIS is what Nvidia developed the Tensor cores for!

1 Like

The Matrix: Revolutions ended on the dawning of the next cycle. Sati creating the Sunrise.

Sati is the product of Rama-Kandra and Kamala

**Rama-Kandra ** - is

aka this guy

and Kamala - is

Do they represent life & death? I don’t know.

Resurrection in a non-literal sense refers to the fracturing of the psyche and proverbial death of the ignorant self, then the subsequent rebirth with newly incorporated knowledge. Like the butterfly:

Death and Resurrection of the self is cyclic and perpetual

I’m cautiously optimistic… Though I don’t feel the original movie needed the two followups that it already has. And no I’m not saying the followups weren’t good, but they are a little too… “weird” for my movie tastes…

I think the first film needed something to follow up just to explain what impact The One actually had, since Neo only really assumed that role right at the end. Unfortunately the followups didn’t really do that, and instead centred on the anomaly of Smith rather than the Matrix or the machines. Like what was the goal? Was it the destruction of The Matrix? The emancipation of humanity? Defeat of the machines? Freedom and safety secured for Zion? They turned into a series of films set partially inside The Matrix, rather than being about The Matrix.

1 Like

If you wanted a fill in on the rest of what happens, The Matrix is as much of a pain in the ass to follow as .HACK

MOV1 - Enter The Matrix → first half of animatrix - intermission w/ movie 2 and smith story as well as what the machites are doing - I think a comic next? Or series? That then leads to > path of neo, but as a part of the whole story line, ptah of neo is basically ppl in the comic series talking abt the one, then (whew) - the rest of animatrix - the last movie + a book at the same time - and then another few comics that have to do with the colonies being hunted down are sprinkled around in there.

This was my middle school thing… And .HACK

I guess what I’m saying is that all of that should have been compiled into a coherant trilogy and should have been the plot of the next two films. As much as I love Hugo Weaving, the Smith story arc didn’t have anything to do with the overarching plot of the first film.

Fuck you bitch gimme money

• the wachowski’s
  • also the 2000’s because everything has to be in a series with a big box set and marketing so lets take all thta bullshit and do something fun with it lulw

If you wanted marvel universe but matrix go download kdenlive and get all the stuff fr the matrix and the most pro level letsplayer you can find

lol maybe. Although Lily Wachowski did say how averse to another sequel she was a few years ago. And fast forward to now, and she’s not involved.

There’s definitely room for a whole Lord of the Rings style universe and lore, and ancillary material, but imo they really got the balance wrong in making the FILMS that ancillary material instead of the main plot.

Oh, no, dude.

Ok.

Computers man

download (1)

So back in the 2000’s and before with the age of compoopers and y2k and all that, the crowd that was super into this stuff was who they were aiming for. That’d be 20 somethings and under. And its not that its like all in the games or all in the comics or all in the animated series, the first movie is literally watching a bot that is in the system bust out and be uncontrollable. When the system loses control over that person, you can no longer see his perspective. He’s off doing ready player one bullshit kicking ass and taking names trying to shut down ai shit so the colonies on the outside don’t get destroyed.

Like theres a lot going on and a lot of in betweens.

If they put it in the movies, all of it, it’d be too big to fund and like 12 hours per movie, or you’d have marvel cinematic bullshit that never ever fucking stops and oh dear god will none of the das ever stop they’re EVERYWHERE just…

We’d have. Alot more school shooter memes.

You also have to take into account… The authors are trans. Theres a lot more to the mair movies then neo go shooty boomy wowsers

I mean you know way more about The Matrix than I do, I just have the three films to go on, and the first one came out when I was 9 years old. That said from my perspective, it seems like the first film has a very clear idea of what it wants to be. It’s filled with Alice in Wonderland references, it’s filled with religous symbolism and references, and obviously loads of allegories to living as a closeted trans woman, and it seems like Reloaded just… doesn’t do any of that. It turns from this rich tapestry of artistry and philosophy into… idk let’s have lots of Hugo Weaving

And don’t get me wrong, I love lots of Hugo Weaving any day

1 Like

The first film was intentional. Follow ups were in purgatory, actually animatrix was slotted to come out first but it took them a while to finish it or something like thta.

Yeah 2008-2012 matrix and tf2 was pretty much my life when relaxing lol

And eh. I’ve honestly seen the other two movies maybe… Idk, 2 or 3 times each. Agreed, on a lot of things probs, but eh. They made some shit, had shit being made, ppl bitched stuff wasn’t out so they made up for it with other stuff. Rly the only thing I remember is the rave lol.

I did actually like Reloaded. I don’t think it did anything well that made the first film stand out, but as far as action movies go it was decent. Revolutions just came across as a means by which they could have the Smith/Neo fight, though. I genuinely found the rest of it boring.

1 Like

Lulw you want a smith neo fight go look up the final boos of path of neo and the hidden chat that sometimes pops up if you beat the giant smith made of lmiths

I hate that I can go to a matrix yt video and leave an 8 mile long comment of corrections

Hey if you want it simp and have it all wrapped up with a bow in the end - go watch a Christmas movie on the hallmark channel or the MCU.

So many things wrong there.

It is a coherent trilogy

Smith isn’t the anomaly, Neo is. - wait hold on this.

Yes it did. Smith completed his arc by being the agent of change in Neo.

Smith isn’t a central character.

Neo is the central character.

YES, that’s her name! I totally forgot it. She’s in the movie, that’s the only thing I’m sure of. But she’s still young soo I guess this movie catches up just 10-20 years in the cycle, if they go by human age when aging the oracle.

In the first oracle scene the old oracle says to Neo “Looks like you’re waiting for something. […] Your next life maybe, who knows”. This might be a nod to what happens in this new movie.

Didn’t know about that interpretation. But the oracle already exists and Neo is still the same that he used to be in the previous iteration of the Matrix. Are they really going to base a whole movie on Neo understanding the choices he made in the past three movies? That would make no sense whatsoever because he knows why he did the things he did, else he wouldn’t have been able to save Zion.

I’ve not seen the trailer… should I?
The idea of a 4th movie just sounds odd to me

You probably should and be prepared to be meh’ed. It feels somewhere between a reboot and a sequel. And you pray that you want it to be good.

1 Like