Matrix 4 thread

So no Matrix 4 thread or am i just old?

2 Likes

Do we really need a soft reboot of the matrix?

2 Likes

I don’t know man. It seems like there is zero interference in the writing and dev of the movie.

You can’t go back, but it can be a good extension.

I was shrugging it until i saw the trailer.

Doesn’t look soft

Cautiously optimistic. I always wanted a sequel but was concerned about what they might do with one.

7 Likes

I don’t know, I can name maybe three good movies the Wachowskis made and only one of them is a matrix movie, so I’m not holding my breath for this one.

4 Likes

I don’t think we’re going to get an M.Night shamalama ding dong ending. The Wachowski’s scripts and plots aren’t weak sauce.

Matrix 4 - …
Sense8 - Agree is garbage, but Einstein had a couple of failed swings after special relativity
Cloud Atlas - same as below
Jupiter Ascending - based on Shit book
Speed Racer - Kids movie
V for Ventetta - Based on a comic, not there IP
Ten Matrix things - Bees Knees
Bound - Double Dope
Assassins - Dope

2 Likes

Cautiously optimistic as well. The second and third movie werent as impressive as the first to me, and after the third its honestly hard to imagine what theyre after or what the threat is here. they have amnesia and are in the matrix again and thats it, not enough to grab my attention yet. Lets hope its not as mehh as that new Bill and Ted movie.

4 Likes

It’s not a literal work.

It didn’t have a hope in hell, without Rufus.

4 Likes

lounge is the matrix thread. This is good to. i am kidding. the lounge is like the matrix. kind of real, but in between reality and derailed train.

1 Like

No more.

The question now is. Do i watch it on the Big Screen or at home on a 4k with headphones.

Matrix 4 Vieing options
  • Big Screen The-atre
  • Home 4k + Headphones

0 voters

Way better experience imo.

1 Like

evil-laugh-the-matrix

Yes, all Matrix Related comments go here!

1 Like

@Argone, This is funny. That time stamp isn’t intrinsic to the movie. It’s just whatever the viewer timestamp was became integrated into the trailer. LOL

3 Likes
3 Likes

I’ve got a lot of thoughts on that. Probably not the thread for that though.

a hue hue hue

Looks like Neo’s body is still in the machine city and they’ve got him trapped in a simulation. Probably to figure out “the anomaly” that he represents.

Movie 2 and 3 are good movies though. Not fantastic. But good.

Here’s a nice 2 hours essay on that, from a few months ago: The Matrix Sequels Are Good, Actually | Curio (ft. Sarah Zedig) - YouTube

It actually looks better than I was expecting. I’m kind of trepidatious over the absence of Lilly Wachowski, even if she has given it her blessing, but what I’ve seen looks good.

idk what the deal with Morpheus and Laurence Fishburne is either. Like people are saying it’s because he died in the MMO, but most of the other returning characters died too. The film is literally called Resurrections (or Resurrection? The Internet is calling it both), so I’m not really seeing why that would be a factor.

The big question is, will there finally be a fight between vectors and matrices ?

Will Neo manage to invert the matrix and thereby solve the system of linear equations ? Fighting the system is his thing, is it not ? He will need both determination and a determinant.

If we’re lucky they’ll introduce quaternions. Those are superior to matrices when it comes to rotation : they don’t gimbal-lock. They are as flexible as Trinity ! And they have a trinity of imaginary parts too ! It can’t be a coincidence.

OK I think that’s all the math jokes I have for now. There may be a sequel to this post if I think that can grab as much money as Matrix 2 and 3… but am I so artistically bankrupt ?.. :thinking:

7 Likes

Well there is a clip of Yahya Abdul-Mateen being fabricated.

In the Book “The Power of Myth” on pg. 216 in the chapter Masks of Eternity.

Joseph Campbell says,
“That particular ring is symbolic of Jesus calling the apostles, who were fishermen. He said, “I will make you fishers of men,” this is an old motif that is earlier than Christianity. Orpheus is called “the Fisher,” who fishes men, who are living as fish in the water, out up into the light. It’s an old idea of the metamorphosis of the fish into man. The fish nature is the crudest animal in nature of our character, and the religious line is intended to pull you up out of that.”

Comments;

• In one paragraph the words Orpheus and Metamorphosis are used - Morpheus?
  • The apostles are fishermen, who fish people out of the waters of the matrix - or “the primordial waters”
  • Morpheus’s role is to find “the One” - I don’t think apostles are resurrected.

So merging these ideas with ideas from Huxley’s Brave New World. Morpheus is a clone. All humans in the movie are. The Deus Ex Machina (the machines) are just reenacting the same cycle over and over again. But this version (6th) of Neo and Trinity’s RSI aren’t resigning to death.

Early symbols of Jesus were the fish because he was born under the zodiacal sign of Pisces