Mass effect Andromeda

1 Like

None of any solutions work and I couldnt figure out how would I ignore that Origin, now that said also older Origin doesnt work but anyways that would be the last hacky trick I can think of

So, I've encountered issues with this. The solution that worked for me was to make sure that origin doesn't start on boot, add origin to steam as a non-steam app and launch origin then the game from origin.

If that new Origin annoys you even more than the old one, it can be downgraded if launched with Vista compatibility mode and then just disable Origin updates after that :smiley:

1 Like

Hopefully this will help bring enough players to fund the dlcs. Need to fill the gap in the nexus docking station with a certain Quarian ark...

2 Likes

I think they mentioned that they had no intention of doing single player DLC

Wasn't that proven to be a hoax?

I hope dearly they let us finish the story they led us onto... they need to make up for the inconsistent writing.

I doubt that there willb e a DLC. Even though that statement was a hoax I think some time later something similar was said. Besudes, didn't EA put Mass Effect to sleep (for a while at least)? I don't want to rant or anything, but if Bioware had put the resources they put in Anthem into ME:A I think it would have been better received.

They didn't directly confirm or deny, but wrote it in a way that could be interpreted as an implied confirmation that there wouldn't be a single player DLC.

I read it as a "don't get your hopes up" sort of response.

AMD released a new driver which adds AMD Chill support to ME:A. I tried it today and it runs between 5Ā°C and 10Ā°C cooler :slight_smile:

2 Likes

im assuming its just an artificial stop on the workload for a few nanoseconds between each frame

I donā€™t know how it is implemented, but it works rather well. When Iā€™m standing still, my fps drops to fps_min, while it increases when walking around and peaks during fights. Also, frame times are increased :slight_smile:
Unfortunately, it seems they have to add this feature for each and every game seperatelyā€¦

Oh, thatā€™s awesome!

I donā€™t mind them needing to add this manually for each game, but it would be cool if developers could implement this on their own games (like through an API)

Hey Azulath, how are you liking AMDā€™s gpu so far. Do you have it paired with an AMD processor as well?

From what I can gather. It seems like they are trying to pretend the game does not exist. I think making DLC for a game they are trying really hard not to bring up in conversation as much as possble would be like. Admitting that we have a problem here. TBH I like the game. its a far cry for the trilogy. However, it still does it for me.

I have a MSI 390oc and a 1700X and I canā€™t complain. I can play most games at high or ultra with decent fps (around 50). One thing I always found interesting is that my 390 seems to run a tiny bit faster than it should, for example it outperforms the rx480 of a friend of mine in Witcher 3. The only problem I had with this card was that it got hotter than it should, which is why I replaced the thermal paste. Undervolting also helped to reduce the heat - Iā€™m able to run it at -35mV. So yeah, Iā€™m very content with my GPU (and CPU of course :slight_smile: ) Why are you asking?

Concerning ME:A and EA: I think their behaviour is childish to some degree. There is no reason to put Mass Effect on ice, since the Mass Effect wasnā€™t the problem. The problem was a rushed developmentā€¦

1 Like

Just curious really, Something told me to ask that quesiton. Seeing that you whre using an R9 card something told me that you were probably using an AMD processor as well

At 1080 or 1440?

Damn, I wish I could run my fury at -35mv. I get crashes at stock voltage. (I wonder if thatā€™s a sign of something else)

The game we made sucked, what happened? Oh, I know! It was the fans. Couldnā€™t have been us

So you need to overcolt your card in order to run it properly? That doesnā€™t sound right; I assume there is no warranty left, is there?
Also, switching motherboards helped to increase itā€™s undervolting capabilities further. Apparently my Taichi provides cleaner power than my old z68 Pro.

The sad part is that the game doesnā€™t suck, it has it problems sure, but my main issues could have been fixed with a longer development time.

Bought it on black friday, probably worth sending it back on warranty.

Z170-a, wall power is clean, should be fine.

I just felt like it got a bit repetitive at times, but I agree. It was fun.

Good to know. Iā€™m happily pushing 1440p at high getting mins of 50ish fps on my fury@1050 core