Making iOS Tek Syndicate App, need opinons!

How's the work so far?

No haters allowed BTW :3

I use an iPhone since I had bad experiences with past Android/Google phones and therefore would definitely appreciate a teksyndicate app.

Cheers.

So much hate on Apple, when infact they create rather nice looking and feeling hardware, shame about the price and the stereotype you get for buying their products, but then again you deserve the stereotype for buying a MacBook or iMac for the prices they charge.

How ever, I use an iPhone all the time and see no problem, I'd love to see this app.

I don't think it's about iOS vs android on this topic. (I'm an android user phone and an unhappy iOS user on my ipad... But leave that aside. An app might be very useful...

love the idea, hopefuly there will be an android app as well...

I believe they forgot the #sarcasm tag. ;-)

So...can we grow the hell up, get off the Droid VS Apple VS WinPhone horse, and help the person out? Some of us come to these forums for the constructive criticism and ocasional sarcasm, not raw fanboyism. I have never wanted to hit the 'Report' button so many times...but I'll let the Mods handle it.

That said, you're likely going to end up with a Read Only app, which isn't a bad thing for checking up on the site. Once you manage that though I'd love to see someone flesh out an Android based one. Perhaps you could find someone to collaborate with to get the apps out in such a way that they're functionally identical.

Who cares which is better, iOS has things better than android. Android has things better than iOS.  That's life, you can't have the 1 all solution. fanboyism is really stupid and childish.  All you starting bullshit need to get a life and stfu.  If you don't like iOS so much, why the fuck are you in the iOS category!?  It's like starting a fight with your neighbor simply because you don't like the way he looks. It doesn't matter at all.  iOS is a clean and bloat free OS, it runs lean, and Apple has some damn good programmers.  If you disagree, you're just ignorant as fuck and should learn a little about what it is to make an OS. But iOS has its faults, it's closed, it's got tons of Apple security protocols, Siri is retarded, it's a little too simple; but it's ok.  Android has it's merits as well, it's open, it has lots of capabilities; but after Gingerbread, it has become a bit of a power hog, and kills battery life.  That's why android devices have almost double the size batteries over iPhones.  Now i'm not saying any OS is better but i'm just pointing out that iOS and android have their positives and negatives.  One's not really better than the other.

Anyways, can't wait to see the app. =)  Keep us updated Krypt!

Do we really need a Tek Syndicate app? I mean I'm not trying to cause any problems, it's just that you can easily go on the internet and access Tek Syndicate from there(an app for a website just seems a bit redundent to me). But if Krypt is doing it more as a project then just out of boredom, more power to him. Good luck.

Tin foil hat's!

The site didn't seem to be too mobile friendly, so he thought about making one to make it more mobile friendly

Hey dude, did you end up actually going through with this idea?

Do you have a git, I would like to collaborate, I am a Mobile Developer and I was currently starting to develop an app for Tek Syndicate too for iOS, Android and Windows Phone.  Maybe we can collaborate.  Let me know.

yeah, there is a github account if you guys want to push code to, and I can help. 

I have an apple developer account, I think we'd like to keep it ad free. 

There is another thread that has lots of documentation. The problem I have right now is I need to change the way videos are stored in the database to be more portable for this app. That's in progress. I'll try to pick that back up and put it in high gear.

The other thread has a full json service that will be easy to implement. Just need a to include a direct youtube video reference in the json service.

as for an android app,could you not just use webview command in eclipse sdk? every thing would work, and the ui is customize-able! I tried to do this long ago after I made a chrome app but never could get eclipse to work on my main rig. im sure one of you with a few minutes of spare time could try?

In my honest opinion I fine apps that are for websites just pain annoying. I can veiw and use a website just find on my phone I don't need an app for everything. That said don't let my opinion keep you from doing this. Not only are you gaining a skill but I bet there are a few people here that have iPhones that would love an app for the site.

Also it's nice to see the internet comments finally moved in. It was only a matter of time in all truth.

OP, go for it. Ignore the haters.

i don't get all of the hate for iOS. I just bought an android phone. it's inferior to blackberry as a business phone to be honest and infested with adware and spyware. the only advantage with android is you get cheep(ish) hardware that you can root and tinker with. so it is effectively a very good DIY platform, but a second rate mobile platform as sold.

at least apple products work out of the box and are reliable, ergonomic (for the most part) and aesthetically pleasing. they are fit for purpose as sold. it's a tool, not a tribe.

anyway, it's pretty clear that if you are going to make a mobile application you should to do versions for both iOS and Android. doesn't really make sense to cut either platform out despite the amount of android fanboyism on the internet.

I use the web/browser even when there are applications for most things as it is usually better, less invasive and requires access to fewer phone resources, but there are  many people who are interested in technology and computers (i.e. Tek Syndicate types) but who have iPhones.

tek syndicate website is alright on mobile (firefox). if anything it is easier than the PC as i don't have to keep enlarging the text. that saves me one keystroke per thread.

man i commend your efforts. leave the haters to hate, and just build good software. thats about what i do with some of my development. just do it but do it right. maybe even port to android as well or talk to some people to see if they might be interested in helping you with it

PS i would be open to working on a android version, only have one android device but eh it works

I am tempted to learn some coding in order to do an android one. I know apps for sites aren't needed, but it would not only be a learning experience but a chance for the community to add to the site more than just text on a screen.