Making iOS Tek Syndicate App, need opinons!

Hello,

*Backstory

Recently I have switched to iOS.  I looked into Objective C and saw it wasn't that hard. So then I decided to create a Tek Syndicate iPhone app.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For now it will only show articles from the front page. I am still learning Objective C so I will TRY to implement forums later. 

If you have any recommendations please reply!

That's evil! I just switched to android from iOS after the speaker went out on my iPhone 3GS. 

You don't belong on this forum anymore Krypt. 

I think a random threat generator would be funny.

????

Cry as I pummel your stinking brain with a fridge. That was from a random threat generator.

KRYPT WTF MAN, JUST WTF. How about NOOOOO!!!!!!!! no ios app for teksyndicate, if you have not noticed we dont endorse apple around here. apple anything for that matter, that's half the fucking reason i like this community. considering how badly we have ripped into apple on the threads, i dont think the percentage is going to be that high of people that want an appple app on tek syndicate and to be honest ditching android for ios is just not cool.

sorry man but -100 for this one

Apple isn't really THAT bad guys.

Sure they are patent trolls and over charge and the products are useually associated with arrogant computer users but still, If you ever use an apple product you will find that it isn't that bad.Personally I do perfer Android to iOS and Linux(and windows but only becuase of games) to OS X and a custom build to a mac pro or iMac.

dude iv used apple products before, no offence but they are THAT bad And apple are also THE bad guys in the Biz. So no boycott all the way.

Everyone hating on Krypt for his choice of mobile OS should stay out of the iOS subforum.

To be honest, I just don't see much of a need for a TekSyndicate app. If I want to watch The Tek or Inbox.exe I'll just use the YouTube app, and if I want to browse the forum I'll use Opera Mini, and for Twitter and Facebook (neither of which I use) there are Twitter and Facebook apps. (An iPod is the only iOS device I own.)

If you do plan to continue such an app, I would recommend incorporating two or more of these features in the future, like being able to view the forum and watch the videos and maybe even seeing what's going on in the social network accounts.

Logan never said apple sucks. Just said they stole ideas. I love how I am getting hate because I try to make a useful app. 

BTW before any hipster says

YOU HAVE TO ROOT YOUR DEVICE BEFORE YOU UNDERSTAND THE POTENITAL OF ANDROID

I did root my phone. I actually was running CM7. I tried CM10 but my phone was way to lagy. I even had this app I got from XDA (can't remember the name) that can "hijack" peoples connection. For example change the website they are going to and change the images on any website.

Now I have to think of a new app idea..

krypt: stick with your idea.

I agree, stick with what you want to do.  Do not let fanboys push you away from what you want to do.  Apple may be a bad company, but they do make quality products even they are overpriced.  

I never understood this extreme hate towards iOS by Android users.  I have used iOS and just switched to Android because I did not like being restricted so much.

I still have a HP Touchpad that dual boots Palm and CM9. I want CM10 but I don't think its out yet. I was going to get the HTC ONE but it isn't on verizon.

I really don't care much about Apple products, because Linux does the security, while Windows has the games. OSX is just a reason to make more money.

Im stuck using an iphone 4 on a contract until at least the summer, so an IOS app would be awesome, oh and dont let everyone else bash you for making something useful, theyre just flaming.

It's cool and fine to rip into apple, but don't shoot down good ideas because of personal bias again something. That is not what this community is about. If he wants to try something new, let him, and give support for anything that can help promote or better the community. 

it's not he app i don't support (even though i dont), i just dont see it going to much use to be honest as i have already stated. it's the fact he switched from android to apple and i will free'ly shun him for that. it's just a bad idea, a really bad idea. heck even switching to windows mobile would be better than and im not a big fan of windows mobile 8 at all. also dont accuse me of bias, that's pretty much the same thing as being a fanboy which i am neither. my hate for apple is well justified.

I support the idea of making an app for The Tek, but...  *sigh*  That poor app being on iOS...  :c