Making iOS Tek Syndicate App, need opinons!

An app to allow better mobile access to the forums would be amazing. The site! S layout is great, but completely mobile unfriendly

I dual boot Ubuntu on my mac (probably shouldn't have mentioned that). I want to see if I can put Ubuntu for tablets on my HP Touchpad. I would of installed Debian but Ubuntu is much to install on mac.

UPDATE

I found the RSS Feed code. This will probably make the app 10x easier to make. Unfortunately I am going to have to put ads in the app. I honestly don't want ads in the app, but the Apple a Developer license cost $99 a year. I am sorry but I have no money. 

Update #2

Well I just figured out that I can add forums but there will be a few errors. For one, you can't post something because the way I will implent the forums is thru RSS. Second problem is I have to notify Logan and see if he can provide me with the RSS code for the forums. This will only show forum topics. I am not a pro with RSS. After all this app is still in alpha. I will try to brush up my knowledge with RSS.

EDIT: Don't need to contact Logan. Figured out a different way to do it.

Update #3

I think I bit off more then I can chew. I am going to go back and learn C and C++. I hope I can resume soon.

Please don't spam this forum with hate. This thread is about an app for the site, lets keep it at that. 

I recently lost my Galaxy 3s, and i've gotten myself an Iphone s4, and so far im likeing the ISO very much, its complete and userfriendly,

And i'd love to see an Teksyndicate app, that way i can just lay back and still go on the forums. 

Tartanka out! 

1 Like

Don't give a fuck I like apples ipods/iphones. ipad seems completely pointless to me, and i think macbooks and imaxs are perfectly fine for begginer photo/video editors and average use users who wanna pay for the quality. their shit IS built really well. 

If you're gonna make an iOS app, at least work an an Android app in parallel. Make a neat and minimalistic version of this site with all the user, content and forum features. Nothing more and nothing less. Perhaps with notifications to certain giveaways, one could always use that.

As much as I hate iOS, getting an app for it would not be a bad idea. I'd suggest getting in contact with Logan and maybe have him look for someone to develop an android app side by side with you that can also maybe help you with some of your problems. Just ignore the haters for now.

Apple has nice products once you get past the fact that Apple is evil as a company, and the products treat you like you're 5. But aside from that, they are appropriately easy to use, and they work well.

In comaparison to Microsoft who are always upholding great company practises and are are just amazing all round /sarcasm

So much iOS bitching. I understand that some people dislike iOS and I respect their opinion but it's one thing to say 'Oh, you made a useful app, I don't use iOS, what a shame, but well don none the less" and "OMG THIS IS MADE IN IOS HOW COULD YOU." If you want people to respect your opinion on iOS then respect other peoples' opinion because not everyone on this forum feels the same way about iOS as you. There's a fine line between stating your opinion and just shoving it down outher peoples' throats. Most companies are evil, its just the way the corperate world works, its just some companies put more money into their PR department than others.

EDIT: Opsies, sorry criticalThinking, I didn't mean to reply to your post I wanted to just post it on the thread, sorry about that. This isn't directed at you :3

[color=green]I advise all members to stop this fanboyism war please.[/color]

OP, what you're doing could be the right thing for users here in the community. If you think you have the opportunity to make an iOS app for browsing this site, feel free to forward the ideas to the web admins. I, myself, have an iOS device and I would be interested to see this.

[quote="Krothie"]Alright! Finally a mobile app for Tek Syndicate! But for iOS? I'd think you will have more users if you went to Android instead. But that's just my opinion.[/quote]

Striving for which platform doesn't necessarily matter. We want the site to be able to be accessed from different platforms. But you could say; "Actually, make it for the Android platform first because this is the community's most popular mobile OS. Then release the app for iOS, WP8, Blackberry, and so on."

Android development is just a slightly different version of Java, which I know. I can work on a Android Tek Syndicate App if people want it. I just need to download the SDK.

It's impossible to make every happy, but since so many people are bitching and saying:

"OMG YOUR STUPID BECAUSE YOU HATE ANDROID AND DONT KNOW HOW TO USE IT AND YOU GET IPHONE!"

If you don't like the idea don't hate on me. As I said before, I still fully love android. I have a android tablet. My first 3 phones were Android phones.

Okay. Even if you're joking, threatening to kill someone isn't cool. There is no need to be so vulgar.

Just wanted to say, who develops for Blackberry? I thought Blackberry got abandon. Maybe WP8 if I have nothing better to do.

I don't give a fuck who you are or where you live. You can count on me to be there to bring your fucking life to a hellish end. I'll put you in so much fucking pain that it'll make Jesus being nailed to a cross in the desert look like a fucking back massage on a tropical island. I don't give a fuck how many reps you have or how tough you are IRL, how well you can fight, or how many fucking guns you own to protect yourself. I'll fucking show up at your house when you aren't home. I'll turn all the lights on in your house, leave all the water running, open your fridge door and not close it, and turn your gas stove burners on and let them waste gas. You're going to start stressing the fuck out, your blood pressure will triple, and you'll have a fucking heart attack. You'll go to the hospital for a heart operation, and the last thing you'll see when you're being put under in the operating room is me hovering above you, dressed like a doctor. When you wake up after being operated on, wondering what ticking time bomb is in your chest waiting to go off. You'll recover fully from your heart surgery. And when you walk out the front door of the hospital to go home I'll run you over with my fucking car out of no where and kill you. I just want you to know how easily I could fucking destroy your pathetic excuse of a life, but how I'd rather go to a great fuckng length to make sure your last remaining days are spent in a living, breathing fucking hell. It's too late to save yourself, but don't bother committing suicide either... I'll fucking resuscitate you and kill you again myself you bitch-faced phaggot. Welcome to hell, population: you

Krypt, keep working on the app, use it as a learning experience. People make choices for products for different reasons. After all, the people who make the products, whether they know they're intentionally ripping people off or not all have to put food on their tables and feed their families.