LVL1 Fitness thread reboot

(post deleted by author)

2 Likes

Glad youā€™re on the path dude. :metal:

Got me a weight vest from Rogue. Cardio for me is about to suck a little moreā€¦ in a good way. :yay:

Got the patch also, because why not.

4 Likes

Least tiredā€¦ Lolz

1 Like

Insert preferred caffeine delivery method here

2 Likes

Five days without a workout. :frowning_face:

First time exercising with the weight vest this morning. It was a noticeable, but manageable difference. Iā€™ll give it a few months then get some heavier plates.

Soā€¦ yeahā€¦

Iā€™m going to be sore tomorrow. :yay:

I think an evening round of yoga may be called for today.

2 Likes

I got back home:

• preferred gym I have to wait for a weekday to signup for weekend access
  • 24hr near me closed
  • Monday or Tuesday will sign up to the local Muay Thai place.

Vegging out this weekend, give my joints some time off.

1 Like

Thatā€™s next weekend for me, Iā€™m hitting a wall with squat and my knees are starting to get a bit achey afterwards. Honestly, might be time to just call this my max, to save me from problems in my 40s.

2 Likes

Yeah man, plateaus are a trip. I donā€™t think I ever got past my second one when bro splitting.

Iā€™m curious what could have been done natty to get past the second one or of that is where the wall is found and PEDs come next.

Good Segway (damn watching too much LTT), the last few weeks on travel while done with Muay Thai I started bro splitting again. I donno why but I really like it and I feel my body responds really well to it. Cardio is meh to me, I get really good feelings (body chemistry?) from strength training.

Well, there are supplements you can take that arenā€™t androgenic; so if youā€™re not supplementing BCAA, creatine and protein, definitely try that. That and sleep/diet are fucking killer. Basically, if a danger hair tells you to do it, do the opposite.

As long as youā€™re relatively in good shape (can run like a sub-8 minute mile), youā€™re not gonna get a ton of strength training benefits out of cardio.

2 Likes

Sore. :confused:

It didnā€™t feel like I was working the quads that hard yesterday, but I guess I did. Ack.

1 Like

Small break made my shin conditioning already retreat. Did about 30+ min on the bag and though my right shin wasnā€™t hurting per-say, I was still feeling it and some moderate bruising resulted.

Roger that, more is gooder. Get wrecked shins.

1 Like

It turns out Iā€™ve put on 13 pounds of mostly muscle since my last visit to the doctors office maybe six months ago. I wouldnā€™t have guessed that, but Iā€™ll take it.

Donā€™t get discouraged if you hit a bad day or bad week. Take the long view and keep getting after it.

:metal:

2 Likes

Letā€™s go. :muscle:

2 Likes

The DOMS took me out. :neutral_face:

I was sore yesterday, and it did not improve overnight. I think it was the kettlebell clean and press. There arenā€™t many other things I can think of which are better to get sore on, but yeahā€¦ was not feeling it this morning. I didnā€™t even recognize it as soreness at first, but just that general ā€œhit by truckā€ feeling. :yay:

1 Like

Yeah im cardiac and diabetic, so much of exercise i have to do under supervision of a health care professional.
When covid did hit me it took almost 4 months to get my voice back
Sadly it has made the asthma problem worse.
I dont get debilitating attacks but im getting them a lot more frequently.

All during isolation and recovery i did keep active and well hydrated
The docs had me take mucinex for a while and it helped keep the mucus loose so i could bring it up.

But i definitely gotta say, if you just stay in bed after the initial 3 days, then your long term recovery is going to be much harder.

1 Like

Bumping that old post, Iā€™m drinking a lot lately but itā€™s a) Iā€™m back home b) itā€™s the holidays

That said itā€™s disappointing non the less, would like to have been the guy showing up to Muay Thai practice on these ā€˜off daysā€™ instead of being the ā€˜next year/2023ā€™ guy.

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

3 Likes

Then youā€™d have family members calling you a maniac in addition to having that ā€œhit by truckā€ feeling.

That wasnā€™t me or anything, just saying.

3 Likes

Itā€™s a bump in the schedule for sure especially since Iā€™m not going to be the jackass who takes a food scale to family dinners so I can help quantify exactly what Iā€™m eating, and then explain multiple times to everyone what Iā€™m doing with it. I just scheduled 4000 calories or so on Big Eating days, and then ate less the following day. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Back to a more regular routine after two days of only yoga. It felt like I needed to give myself a little break. Might have tweaked something in the hip/back area, but all seems back to normal now.

2 Likes