LVL1 Fitness thread reboot

Uhhhg … Cutting calories and feeling it, my intensity and ability to complete the exercise is suffering. Cuts suck.

1 Like

Did a full workout for the first time in a while.

Now back to work. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Ack… Quads are sore. Guess I overdid it when increasing tension on the bike. :neutral_face:

No big deal though I was going to wait until tomorrow to do my next round of strength training anyway.

1 Like

Since I’m on travel I’m doing iron Wolf in hot humid weather, the sweat is next level haha.

Did my first (since on travel) open water swim yesterday, a very pathetic distance, very pathetic stamina (so my form is horrible cause my overall cardio isn’t in the pits) but it felt awesome to be in the water.

I’m debating getting a GoPro to take in scenes from this trip-

Oh there was a pod of dolphins i wish I tried to swim out to but baby steps…

1 Like

Saying it again, something liberating in a workout routine that works in a jail cell. Introvert was hitting hard today and didn’t leave the room, but it doesn’t stop the grind.

1 Like

Hah, yeah I’ve got a spot like that also.

It’s a probably unreliable, but fun kind of metric also to see as you progress how long it takes to start sweating, and how long it takes before you’re dripping on the floor.

1 Like

My exercise routine has become a bit disorganized since school started, but I am regularly walking around campus with 20-ish pounds of stuff on my back, so there’s that. :rofl:

1 Like

Also probably unreliable but I like to see how long it takes for my heart rate to increase after starting- and how long it takes to slow back down after being done.

The latter is supposed to be a reliable sign of one’s health- how quickly the system restores to homeostasis. When I started this adventure I have to admit my HR would stay high for 40+ min after a good Iron Wolf’ing. Now I wanna say within 10 min or so my HR reduces greatly, but I haven’t tracked how long it takes to reach full resting yet.

1 Like

That’s the measure of HRV, or heart rate variability. It seems like a good one to keep track of, but just another area where I’d be skeptical of the bounds set by fitness trackers. I’m not sure anyone has figured out yet exactly what a “good” number for HRV is yet, but it’s a good thing to keep track of for sure.

1 Like

Pretty over my head, I will need to deep dive this later. Of course my 'entry level’s Garmin doesn’t do HRV but the higher end models do.

Off to do 30 min (back to basic routine to take it easy on days I have two workouts) sustained best effort routine of burpees and other body weight stuff.

Really really digging Muay Thai. Finding myself watching a lot of YouTube on it now, and this is coming in for class

1 Like

Join the ranks of assassin nerds. You’ll like it here. We have cookies. :yay:

That happens a lot with BJJ also. Thinky, cerebral type people get hooked on it, because it’s like a form of physical problem solving.

1 Like

I’m so uncoordinated it’s embarrassing, I will have to do a lot of shadow boxing to commit to muscle memory.

Welp, this was evappin almost faster than I could make sweet

Completely antidotal but I think some recomping is happening. My weight hasn’t gone down but I think I look slimmer and I haven’t had a loss in strength yet (if anything a gain)

App says I’m at a 2lb a week deficit, I think I’m getting in some sneaky calories.

1 Like

My understanding so far is it’s just one of those areas where there’s nervous system involvement somewhere you might not expect. It’s your nervous system which sends the “need more power!” signal, and HRV is one way to measure how responsive your nervous system is when reacting to changes in your level of activity.

1 Like

F’ing fuming. That shoulder pain that the MRI says isn’t a thing cut my workout more than half today.

Some tiny auxiliary shoulder muscle that is used for only certain motions will have a sharp pain when used, and when done enough there will be a constant dull ache in the area for a day or so.

I think I need a second opinion

2 Likes

I’m taking a meme to heart- doing the good ole’ reliable chicken, rice and broccoli combo.

Legion has it, it’s more effective than TRT and toffee combined… Tbd

1 Like

So minding my own business in the corner of a cardio room to do burpees (courteous to hotel neighbors unlike the person a floor up) and in the ocean that is available elliptical machines this geezer chooses one right on front of me.

Ok, fine.

He then either thinking my headphones are on loud (missing an earbud on the side he can’t see) or zero fucks then rips ass.

Unlike many who would loose their sh*t by now, I still have the adolescent giggles from farts, from many a fart duel myself. I’m too old myself to make a scene about this (the whole jump into mud with a pig thing)… Well played old fuck.

Then starts to play content on his phone, no headphones.

Yeah, I get the hate for boomers. I get it.

Subject change: I swear I’m recomping- very slowly.

I wish those electrolysis-whatever hand-held body fat things on Amazon were half way accurate as I’d love to see if my percent is changing.

1 Like

People who don’t understand gym etiquette are annoying.

People who don’t understand gym etiquette and don’t care are uncool.

2 Likes

Tell me about it.

The gym I’m going to has a hammer row machine that I didn’t realize I would fall in love with, but I did. Every day at 4PM, there’s a guy who spends an hour there. 5+ minute rests on 8 rep sets. Come on dude, you’re pulling 4 plates per arm, you can up the cadence a bit.

A little bummed Haggerty had to pull out yet again, but still excited for tomorrow:

Main Card For ONE On Prime Video 1: Moraes vs. Johnson II
(c) Adriano Moraes vs. Demetrious Johnson (ONE Flyweight World Title)
(c) Nong-O Gaiyanghadao vs. Liam Harrison (ONE Bantamweight Muay Thai World Title)
Rodtang Jitmuangnon vs. Savvas Michael (Flyweight Muay Thai Grand Prix semifinal)
Marcus Almeida vs. Kirill Grishenko (MMA – heavyweight)
Amir Aliakbari vs. Mauro Cerilli (MMA – heavyweight)
Superlek Kiatmoo9 vs. Walter Goncalves (Flyweight Muay Thai Grand Prix semifinal)

Rodtang and Superlek are just beasts, Liam Harrison as well.

Damn, and now Rodtang drops out too?