LVL1 Fitness thread reboot

What a shit show

I really wanted to see Rodtang and Haggerty (different fight). In fact Haggerty was a stand in and then fell out as well. And now is Superlek going to have a stand in for Goncalves?

Was so psyched for this evening… Way to go One/Amazon.

1 Like

It does make you wonder about this new testing procedure. I’ve heard of fighters missing weight before, but only here and there. Making weight is just part of being a professional, so you’d think at this level the odds of nine people all missing weight at the same time would be pretty low.

1 Like

It does for me too, but I think the spirit behind it is good - to not do these crazy dehydration cuts.

Damn, I’m not a huge Muay Thai fan, but that’s a lot of damage.

I was surprised to see Liam taken out so early. Watching the final fight with mighty mouse right now.

I’m not watching it. Too much crap to do… :confused:

Juuuust finished. Wow, way to go mighty mouse!

Did some strong side low kicks, padding felt a bit weak…

Seems to have a little leak, some stuffing popping out.

This is when I should have walked away. Nah, it’ll be fine…

Did a switch to weak side kick and hello, found the zero padding straight to pole area. Not trying to escalate shin conditioning that way…

Then I found the room with proper hanging bags…

Shins are good sore, the good kind of sore.

I’m hoping fin swimming strengthens some of the kicking muscles.

2 Likes

i think there might be something to fasting.

rember seeing a video by AvE not too long ago and it made sense. we didn’t evolve with feed bags stuck to our faces so missing a meal occasionally aint gonna hurt. due to a mishap with the wife’s car, i’ve been driving all over hell and back getting us and our 4 year old to and fro on my car alone. like a week’s worth of driving is now a daily thing. advanced brokeness had already set in plus the extra driving had left me with massive time and money deficits so even if i had money to get breakfast/lunch/2 o clock caffeine and carb run i wouldn’t have the time to stuff it in my face.

ill try to grab something around 4/5 am before or after dropping the wife off,
but then usually don’t eat again till 6 or 7 pm.

the 2 o clock drag where i’d feel sloppy and wanna fuck off for a bite and some caffeine has now shifted later till around 4:30 -5 and seems to be less aggressive. but even then its not hunger pains, its just my mind wanting a 5 minute distraction and some dopamine with a sugary aftertaste.

somehow my stomach seems fine with it. it may be more appreciative of smaller portions with longer gaps in between.

probably some weird psychological gut link weirdness going on, but I’ve lost a bit of weight and feel slightly less shittier than usual.

1 Like

If you weren’t eating well, or were overweight to begin with, less shitty food or less excess weight will definitely help.

On top of that, you’re expending a lot more energy, as such, your body adjusts to account for that excess energy average, making you feel better.

Thats exactly how I look at it too. There seems to be some maintenance features built into us that don’t kick in unless fasted, and in the past that wouldn’t have been a problem. But nowadays people go years without missing a single meal. I’m overdue for a good 24 if not 72 hr.

Fuck stairmasters.

That is all.

2 Likes

The rabbit hole continues

https://forum.level1techs.com/t/post-what-new-thing-you-acquired-recently/149881/14329?u=token

1 Like

So I’m still bent that I can’t Splunk my Garmin data… yet, but went into the app to mess around.

Not happy with my current resting heart rate but perked up with seeing that the trend for the whole last year has been good.

Sept 2021 my HRR was 70 bpm. Oct 2021 down to 67. Jan down to 64, March down to 61… fast forward to now and its around 56 bpm.

IMO a very slow trend for the work I’m putting in but I guess thats the reality of being old. In my 20s it felt like a few months of doing things right made a night and day difference. Now much older it takes months and months of grind to get small results… debating going a little harder/ramping up and doing a 72 fast this long weekend throwing me back into keto for a few months with a 2lb weight loss goal for about 2 months.

Public service announcement- don’t wait till next month, next week, tomorrow- just get after it. Best time to start was months ago, next best time is now.

You have my attention, and probably some other femboys too lol

1 Like

Speaking of Iron Wolf, new challenge coming and congrats to Art on the subscription plaque

Yes, the fem is overwhelming

Kewl, a big tech channel harping on health, nice

Very serious. Cardio is core to being fit and slim.

1 Like

Nothing fancy, not a routine, just took up skateboarding a few months ago amd it has apparently helped a lot with losing weight. I don’t measure it and I personally don’t really notice but i have had several people tell me that I have, just as a passing Oh! sort of comment.

Nkt working toward anytning in partucular, but I enjoy doing this and getting better and its helping my ballance a lot. So I guess thats a thing.

2 Likes