Looking to upgrade! WOO!

Well I got it all done, it's running a bit hotter than I want (52-60C) idle, 60-68C while playing player unknown battleground... but it works well!! Kind of sad that I had to go to windows ten :/, but I think I'm getting the hang of it.

It was my first time putting on thermal paste, thought I did a good job. I didn't make a complete mess out of the CPU so that's a plus. Lol

I splurged a bit and bought this.. I'm going to save for a cooler next and some fans any suggestions for those?

I also want to thank everyone for your help on this adventure!

2 Likes

OH! And how do I combat gpu sag? What's the secrets, it drives me insane and looks nasty

a plastic rod. a few zip ties to the top of the case. a metal bar along the top edge of the GPU. a brace from the optical drive bays. turn the case on its side . all depends on what you are after with the look of the solution. really anything that props the card up or takes some of its weight works well.

Route the GPU PCI-E power cables OVER the 24-pin motherboard power cable and use a zip tie to bind them. You can effectively use the 24 pin cable to hold up the GPU.

There are many other ways to do it though.