Looking to upgrade! WOO!

Yeah lot of multitasking you're def gonna want Ryzen.
Here is a good place to start. Others can tweak it if they so choose. Also the case is really up to you. Just threw in one I really like.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wrjgcc

1 Like

okay, i'm liking this so far, but i already have two ssd's (i have two because my friend paid me to fix his computer, and gave me that because he didn't need it).

Also, i'd like a larger case with goooood airflow, and cable management, my buddy got the corsair graphite series case, and putting his computer together was like.. orgasmic? i was trying not to drool over everything while getting it put together. lol

i'm really thinking of just saving more money, and going with that. i like my computers lasting for a long time, and just adding things randomly without having to worry about my mobo/cpu xD

I also work for amazon, i get 10% discount on amazon.com, i probably should've said that prior to starting this.

i'm putting together a list of things i already have, i thought i worded everything properly in the first post, i didn't even think about all of this stuff i needed to add! i'm really sorry about all of this lol, didn't mean to make it confusing for everybody.

One place to check out is Microcenter for cpu/mb combos but the good deals are in-store only.
On monitors I found that Best Buy has great deals on Monitors but for that I would wait till Christmas shopping season.

Worst fear is it dies........maybe a non-K cpu?
Also I would stay with a mature architecture, AMD fan but ryzen does seem to be having teething problems.

1 Like

This is what i have basically.. couldn't figure out the motherboard, then realized i didn't really need to show you cpu/mobo because that's getting replaced.

Current pc stuffs

I thought about getting into overclocking, but don't really have any friends locally to explain the process. I don't really want to do it by myself, as i'm afraid of destroying my computer.. and i kind've need it for work lol.

Haha don't apologise it's all good.

That's fine. I didn't know if you had SSDs but if you have storage that's fine. Go with those. No biggy. And the case was just a suggestion pick whatever one you like. Really no wrong or bad choices there.

Yeah and I figured you wouldn't be super into overclocking so I recommended the 1600X instead. More expensive but you do get higher out of the box clocks

1 Like

I don't mind spending a little extra on the mobo/cpu because those are the main components. i can switch anything else out at anytime (:

I love how cheap AMD is, is there a way you learned how to overclock? i don't mind learning how, but after watching youtube, and finding this forum. i bet i could learn it pretty easily! I came here not expecting much, but everyone seems to be super helpful. It's awesome here. haha

@DerKrieger
Do you have discord? i was trying to join the discord community, but wasn't able to.

Hey @Positron, Thanks for the reply.

love the pic lmao,

I like having a window, glass, or plastic is fine. i'm more worried about airflow, cable management, and slots. i hardly ever use roms, hell i had one for a minute, borrowed it from a friend downloaded my software, and returned it to him LOL

I'm wanting to get water cooling eventually, but at the moment i'll probably be sticking with air cooling untill i can splurge a bit on it. My buddy has the corsair graphite series case, and i fell in love with it, but it seemed to be a bit too pricy, but i love the size, and what it had inside.

I have two ssd's at the moment, and i'd like to get at least four hdd slots just incase i hit the big bucks, and feel like upgrading storage to a crazy amount. lmao

Comes in black, white, blue or red accents.

Very flexible with add on parts.

Looks a lot like the Corsair Graphite, for less.

Can be had with a 'gullwing' window that wraps into the top, in white metal or with RGB fans.

Riotoro is my second favorite. I love the look of their cases and they get good reviews.

This be quiet! is my favorite choice, because I wish I had one. I own the Silent Base 800 (same chassis inside, but bigger outside and more expensive). A month after I bought it they came out with the SB600. Rats! It is super high quality and beautiful. Available with silver, black or orange trim. With or without a window. This window is special because it is two layers separated by rubber for quiet. In my case :slight_smile: I replaced the whole side panel with glass. Easy, but $50. The whole case is lined with rubber for silence. Oh yeah, the SB800 has a 3 drive cage and a 4 drive cage that are removable. The SB600 only comes with one cage, but the 2nd one is available separately. There are 3 DVD bays and room for 2 SSD's behind the motherboard.

This one has the rubber lining and a glass side panel.

Another big plus is be quiet! includes the best fans that I have never heard from. Way better than my Noctua fans.

1 Like

I'm really liking these choices. I'm currently using a Smilodon, and it's just so small, i can hardly fit my graphics card in there, and i had to remove the hard drive expansion slots because there was just no room for the cords to come out of the hdd's, making it a pain in the ass to work with.

The be quiet! cases are a very interesting concept, i'm loving the look of that full window. are all windows on the cases always on the left side? i've noticed that, and it kind of makes me sad. (just wondering about the window thing, not really a big deal i may saw my desk apart to get it where i like it lol.)

The way my desk is set up, the window would always be facing the wall, it kind've sucks. there' not really a way i can change the way it sits because of cord length issues but its not really a big deal.

i kind've wish full sized ones weren't so expensive. lmao

I know I have seen inverted cases, but this is the first one I can remember.

This is a nice dual-chamber case. Components on the left + motherboard on the right. It is smaller on the outside, but full sized on the inside.

1 Like

Actually, my window is on the top.

I have always preferred my case on it's side like IBM intended with my monitor on top. You get no GPU sag, you save desk space and it places the screen in the correct position. Your eyes should align with the top of the monitor.

1 Like

i love the way that thing looks! it's awesome. got anymore pictures :P?

I needed to update my hardware list anyway. Here you go. More pics on PC Part Picker.

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Xy2RsY

1 Like

haha sweet dude, looks really nice.
Thanks!

it asked me to log into pc part picker, is that normal? o.o

That's not normal. Oops! Try the new link
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Xy2RsY

Thanks I hope you like my PC. I did sooo much taping to get the paint right.

I watched Awesome Hardware do Pimp My PC on YouTube tonight. When I tweeted my 1st build he said buy a new case. When I finished pimpin' He said it is so perfect he had nothing to criticize, so it wouldn't be a good PC for the show. Rats!

1 Like

Haha your PC looks great, i'm loving it. it's an awesome color scheme, its so nice and clean looking.

1 Like

Not unless Nvidia had their way

Wut.

In what way would it benefit nVidia to limit their customers to people with a specific CPU. Especially since they don't make one themselves? They don't have a special deal with Intel or AMD. All they would be doing is limiting their customer base for no reason.

nVidia does some asshole things but that isn't one. Just doesn't make sense.