Return to Level1Techs.com

Looking Glass - Triage

helpdesk
lookingglass

No, it wont break things, just points out something I should fix. Please open an issue on github for this.

0 Likes

Indeed it’s not man - I’m just glad I found the problem.

0 Likes

Thanks for help, but I’m not sure what you mean here. Also, which should come first, linux running the client, or windows running the exe? I ask because on windows it says something about failing to get ivishmem

Again, thanks for help

0 Likes

The OGL performance on this Intel chip really is garbage. In heaven the native screen can hit 80-130 whilst the client struggles maintaining 40s on frame updates depending on how much is moving.

0 Likes

Hello everyone,

I am trying to build on fedora 26 following instructions on web site, I installed all packages in tutorial, but it trows error on build:

[[email protected] client]# make
Package gl was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gl.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
Package 'gl', required by 'virtual:world', not found
Package 'glu', required by 'virtual:world', not found
gcc -c -g -O3 -std=gnu99 -march=native -Wall -Werror -I./ -I../common -DDEBUG -ffast-math -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections  -DBUILD_VERSION='"a3-2-g973ad5e2b0"' -o .build/spice/spice.o spice/spice.c
spice/spice.c:40:10: fatal error: spice/protocol.h: No such file or directory
 #include <spice/protocol.h>
      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make: *** [Makefile:28: .build/spice/spice.o] Error 1
[[email protected] client]#

Did I miss something? (my host is still headless)

btw in tutorial there is capital letter difference between packages listed and available on dnf

• Maybe you meant: SDL2_ttf-devel
    No match for argument: SDL2_TTF-devel
  • Maybe you meant: libX11-devel
    No match for argument: libx11-devel

right line is:
sudo dnf install git SDL2-devel SDL2_ttf-devel openssl-devel spice-protocol fontconfig-devel libX11-devel gnu-free-mono-fonts ivshmem-tools

0 Likes

sudo dnf install git SDL2-devel SDL2_ttf-devel openssl-devel spice-protocol fontconfig-devel libX11-devel gnu-free-mono-fonts ivshmem-tools libgle-devel.x86_64

go with this

5 Likes

Thanks, that worked.

0 Likes

I have same setup I guess host 3770 with hd4000, will try looking glass soon and report back.

0 Likes

Well, shorted out the mainboard trying to install an old gpu to use as the host. Now it doesn’t boot with any PCIe cards in it. Fuck.

0 Likes

I just tried with kde5 on fedora 26, and looking-glass host application on windows 10 latest update silently crashes, I can sometimes see only first frame on client with 3770 and hd4000, vm has gtx680.

0 Likes

Run with -f to see more about the crash

0 Likes

So I installed it and the it is seemingly running without throwing any errors. Here’s the output of running looking-glass-client -s

[I]               main.c:560  | run                            | Looking Glass 
[I]               main.c:636  | run                            | Initialized Op
[I]            ivshmem.c:153  | ivshmem_connect                | RAM Size : 16777216
[I]               main.c:762  | run                            | Waiting for host to signal it's ready...

Problem is there’s actually no video output. The window is just displaying what was last seen in that space in a different workspace.

0 Likes

Same happens here on client, but I noticed in task manager that looking glass process is gone on host.

will try with -f now.

Same on client:
./looking-glass-client -s
[I] main.c:560 | run | Looking Glass (a3-2-g973ad5e2b0)
[I] main.c:636 | run | Initialized OpenGL
[I] ivshmem.c:153 | ivshmem_connect | RAM Size : 16777216
[I] main.c:762 | run | Waiting for host to signal it’s ready…
[I] main.c:766 | run | Host ready, starting session

On host with -f

Service.cpp:270 Cursor shape size exceeds buffer size

0 Likes

Ouch, ok… what cursors are you using?

0 Likes

Ah, I use it on TV, its 150% DPI, it works with 100%.

Does this means opengl 3.0?
[I] opengl.c:161 | lgr_opengl_configure | Version : 3.0 Mesa 17.2.4

Client is hd4000.

Thanks

0 Likes

Thought that might happen, simpleish fix. Please open a github issue for this.

It’s just the major version of Mesa… if you were on OpenGL 3.0 it would not work at all.

0 Likes

Thanks, will open issue.

Are there any downsides using hd4000 on client?
For now it looks it works pretty good.

0 Likes

I am experiencing the same issue. It worked earlier with the initial build but starting getting this issue after I git pulled the repo and rebuilt the client. Also running looking-glass-host.exe -f indicates that it failed to get the IVSHMEM memory which seems to be the cause of the issue.

0 Likes

@MichaelLindman it’s unrelated to @Airbar then. Did you install the IVSHMEM windows driver?

Edit: Wait, you updated… did you kill the old task first?

0 Likes

Yes I rebooted the Windows VM since the last time It worked.

0 Likes