Looking Glass - Triage

No, it wont break things, just points out something I should fix. Please open an issue on github for this.

Indeed itā€™s not man - Iā€™m just glad I found the problem.

Thanks for help, but Iā€™m not sure what you mean here. Also, which should come first, linux running the client, or windows running the exe? I ask because on windows it says something about failing to get ivishmem

Again, thanks for help

The OGL performance on this Intel chip really is garbage. In heaven the native screen can hit 80-130 whilst the client struggles maintaining 40s on frame updates depending on how much is moving.

Hello everyone,

I am trying to build on fedora 26 following instructions on web site, I installed all packages in tutorial, but it trows error on build:

[root@localhost client]# make
Package gl was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gl.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
Package 'gl', required by 'virtual:world', not found
Package 'glu', required by 'virtual:world', not found
gcc -c -g -O3 -std=gnu99 -march=native -Wall -Werror -I./ -I../common -DDEBUG -ffast-math -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections  -DBUILD_VERSION='"a3-2-g973ad5e2b0"' -o .build/spice/spice.o spice/spice.c
spice/spice.c:40:10: fatal error: spice/protocol.h: No such file or directory
 #include <spice/protocol.h>
      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make: *** [Makefile:28: .build/spice/spice.o] Error 1
[root@localhost client]#

Did I miss something? (my host is still headless)

btw in tutorial there is capital letter difference between packages listed and available on dnf

• Maybe you meant: SDL2_ttf-devel
    No match for argument: SDL2_TTF-devel
  • Maybe you meant: libX11-devel
    No match for argument: libx11-devel

right line is:
sudo dnf install git SDL2-devel SDL2_ttf-devel openssl-devel spice-protocol fontconfig-devel libX11-devel gnu-free-mono-fonts ivshmem-tools

sudo dnf install git SDL2-devel SDL2_ttf-devel openssl-devel spice-protocol fontconfig-devel libX11-devel gnu-free-mono-fonts ivshmem-tools libgle-devel.x86_64

go with this

5 Likes

Thanks, that worked.

I have same setup I guess host 3770 with hd4000, will try looking glass soon and report back.

Well, shorted out the mainboard trying to install an old gpu to use as the host. Now it doesnā€™t boot with any PCIe cards in it. Fuck.

I just tried with kde5 on fedora 26, and looking-glass host application on windows 10 latest update silently crashes, I can sometimes see only first frame on client with 3770 and hd4000, vm has gtx680.

Run with -f to see more about the crash

So I installed it and the it is seemingly running without throwing any errors. Hereā€™s the output of running looking-glass-client -s

[I]               main.c:560  | run                            | Looking Glass 
[I]               main.c:636  | run                            | Initialized Op
[I]            ivshmem.c:153  | ivshmem_connect                | RAM Size : 16777216
[I]               main.c:762  | run                            | Waiting for host to signal it's ready...

Problem is thereā€™s actually no video output. The window is just displaying what was last seen in that space in a different workspace.

Same happens here on client, but I noticed in task manager that looking glass process is gone on host.

will try with -f now.

Same on client:
./looking-glass-client -s
[I] main.c:560 | run | Looking Glass (a3-2-g973ad5e2b0)
[I] main.c:636 | run | Initialized OpenGL
[I] ivshmem.c:153 | ivshmem_connect | RAM Size : 16777216
[I] main.c:762 | run | Waiting for host to signal itā€™s readyā€¦
[I] main.c:766 | run | Host ready, starting session

On host with -f

Service.cpp:270 Cursor shape size exceeds buffer size

Ouch, okā€¦ what cursors are you using?

Ah, I use it on TV, its 150% DPI, it works with 100%.

Does this means opengl 3.0?
[I] opengl.c:161 | lgr_opengl_configure | Version : 3.0 Mesa 17.2.4

Client is hd4000.

Thanks

Thought that might happen, simpleish fix. Please open a github issue for this.

Itā€™s just the major version of Mesaā€¦ if you were on OpenGL 3.0 it would not work at all.

Thanks, will open issue.

Are there any downsides using hd4000 on client?
For now it looks it works pretty good.

I am experiencing the same issue. It worked earlier with the initial build but starting getting this issue after I git pulled the repo and rebuilt the client. Also running looking-glass-host.exe -f indicates that it failed to get the IVSHMEM memory which seems to be the cause of the issue.

@MichaelLindman itā€™s unrelated to @Airbar then. Did you install the IVSHMEM windows driver?

Edit: Wait, you updatedā€¦ did you kill the old task first?

Yes I rebooted the Windows VM since the last time It worked.