Return to Level1Techs.com

Looking Glass - Changelog

lookingglass

Ditto on the catch up for this post too

Looking Glass Host Crash Fixed
In my previous post I mentioned that the host application is randomly crashing. I managed to isolate the cause yesterday and implemented a fix, it’s been 24 hours now and I am yet to see the host crash like it was prior :smiley:

I can understand not wanting to waste the few free hours you have to document changes.

Would you like to pursue alternatives, including but not limited to: automation or Trello boards?

Funny you should mention that, only yesterday I was looking for some tool to help me track project’s and their progress. I am yet to really give Trello a go, any advice?

If you’ve used the board feature in GitLab, these boards, Trello, work the exact same way.

Whether you want to go agile, waterfall, or scrum.

Other than that, its should just help people graphically realize the state of the project so you can be less burdened with questions.

If you would like to see what a well managed large scale project looks like, take a look at the one from the Subnautica team. Note, you can even interact with the trello boards here once the link is embedded (somewhat).

Thanks, I have actually been following the Subnautica Trello for a while, I think it would best suit my needs. I will get that sorted out as I am in desperate need to start tracking things in better detail in general, not just LG :slight_smile:

Glad I could help. :slight_smile:

If you would like some further help with housekeeping tasks just let me know.

Ok, let’s give this a go…

Looking good! :+1:

I went ahead and made the news public.

Last night I added DXGI 1.5 suport to Looking Glass which in some cases may improve performance substantially. As part of this the EGL renderer and DXGI capture both now also support RGB 10-bit HDR without any performance overhead. If anything it will be faster then prior.

The older DXGI API captures the desktop and then converts it to BGRA if it is not already in that format, which as it turns out many titles are not. The new API lets us bypass this conversion and take the raw frame data in it’s native format.

This locks us to requring windows 10, and I believe this new API is only available in the October 2018 update for Windows 10, it would be greaat if people could confirm. While I do not like enforcing an updated Windows install, this change is too major to ignore it’s potential benefits.

For the technical, the new API is:

Details of the above change are described in my latest video: