Looking for 1440p monitor

No worries. It’s a damn good monitor, but I really would prefer something less expensive. I’m still leaning towards that 38in acer uw.

Kinda got a hardon for it.

And with my 2 weeks officially in, I’ve got a set time frame for figuring out my display setup, so I’m going to have to pull the trigger soon. Assuming I don’t work something out to hang on to the ones I have.

2 Likes

I’ve been looking for 1440p monitor now for a while. My current options are this,priced around 300€ in Finland (didn’t notice anyone recommending this):

And that Dell U2719D I linked earlier. Unfortunately neither has freesync and both are 60hz panels. That BenQ is quite old model already, but according to this review it should probably be ok even today.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/benq_gw2765ht.htm

I would probably go for Pixio monitor if they were available in EU. Really hard to find IPS montior with freesync and high refresh rate that would also be affordable. :confused:

The pixio px329 just came in yesterday and for the price it’s pretty damn good. Still have to do some more testing with Nvidia card and freesync but overall I don’t think you will be disappointed. Stand is a regular stand with no movement .

Acer CB271HU bmidprx 27”

doesn’t check your freesync box, but it’s 10-bit and overclockable to 75hz if you drop it down to 8-bit.
personally using the U2717D which Dell sent as a replacement for my U2715H. Despite being an intended replacement, Dell cut corners and it’s an inferior panel (color repro, input lag). Supposedly, the U2719D resolved the aforementioned shortcomings.

Nixeus 1440p ips
I have it, its okay and super cheap
Although if you plan on gaming with it I do not recommend anything but 1080p, I actually regret the purchase

How’s the color on the Pixio? Blacks good?

Did you ever get freesync (nvidia edition) working?

I think overall the colors are great. Right next to those Samsung’s I linked I can’t tell much of a difference. Although disclaimer my eyes are not super calibrated for that type of stuff . So take my word with however much salt you need to. I have not messed anymore with freesync. I will try and get back with you tonight or tomorrow.

1 Like

I got the Dell U2719D today. Here’s some thoughts about it. Long post incoming. I’ve never reviewed or have taken any “technical” look to computer monitors, so I really don’t have a clue what I’m doing. Treat these results whit that in mind. :smiley:

First the good things:

The picture quality in general is ok in my opinion. When I compare picture quality to my old IPS display (Dell U2412M) I don’t see any major flaws and so on. There’s this odd shadow at the bottom of the screen, but I’ll get to that later.

Gaming is ok, I tried CS:GO, PUBG, Overwatch, some other FPS games and I didn’t feel or notice any problems. Other than I still suck at FPS games, but that’s not the screens fault. :smile:

Monitor has “normal” and “fast” modes for response time. Here is the pictures for the UFO test. The pictures were shot with iPhone SE.

Normal Mode:

Fast Mode:

I don’t know it switching the mode has any effect on input lag. There’s no way for me to test imput lag, but I didn’t notice any problems while gaming. Then again I’m just a casual gamer.

For the monitor design, I really like the thing bezels. Monitor does not feel that much bigger than my old 24 inch Dell U2412M. Monitor stand is the same quality you can expect from Dell.

The bad things:

There’s only one thing that bothers me with this monitor, and it’s this odd shadow that is visible at the bottom of the screen. According to this Reddit post that shadow is normal:

https://www.dell.com/support/article/ae/en/aebsdt1/sln309430/backlight-bleed-or-shadows-appearing-on-dell-infinityedge-borderless-monitors?lang=en

That post has some additional info and pictures included. I also took some pictures myself:

The shadow is mostly visible if you are looking the display from angle, meaning that the screen does not face directly toward you. First picture shows that if you look at the screen straight, the shadow is almost invisible. But if you look screen from and angle, the shadow is clearly visible. It’s hard to describe and its depends a lot how you like to look your display. I actually don’t notice that any more now that I adjusted screen better and have gotten little used to it. Thought this might still be a good thing to bring up.

If there’s any other test I should run just let me know. :slight_smile:

sorry for the occasional broken English, its late and I should go to sleep. :smile:

1 Like

https://www.microcenter.com/product/478859/xf270hu-27-wqhd-144hz-dvi-hdmi-dp-freesync-gaming-led-monitor

Got this a couple weeks ago. Got it on a $40 discount, couldn’t be happier especially for the price. Nothing missing or lacking on the monitor; 1440p, 144hz, freesync, ips, 27", not curved, flicker free, small side bezels, easy to use interface, vesa mount, and an above average stand. It also has a USB 3.0 hub and a headphone jack if that floats your boat.

That’s a pretty good review. Without having any advanced tools, I think you’ve answered all the questions I could have had.

Brightness is good?

1 Like

I’d say pretty much the same as with my old Dell monitor, but I mostly keep my computer room/mancave quite dark, with only desk lamp on. So I usually crank the brightness quite low because of it and thus didn’t pay that much attention to brightness.

Antiglare coating on the display is also good thing in my opinion, since the last thing I want to see on my screen is the reflection of my face. :smiley:

And the display has Premium Panel warranty, which is nice.

Only thing really that bothers me is that shadow at the bottom of the screen, but like I said it’s probably something I can get used to, but your experience might be different.

Just got home and checked this, and Dell U2719D isn’t actually as bright as the old Dell U2412M. Can really say how much brighter the old monitor is, but it’s clearly noticeable that old monitor can get brighter than this new screen.

1 Like

Thanks for the info.

Brightness is important to me, so that might disqualify this display. :confused:

1 Like

Brightness on my Pixio I think is around 250-300nits. Not sure how much you need

That should be about good. I like somewhere between 300-350.

The Acer Nitro VG1 I recently acquired is 350 nit native per the spec page or 400 nit max with HDR on.

The stand is still sitting unused on the floor though :slight_smile:

So I wanted to provide closure here:

I’ve settled on that crazy 38in LG UW, since I found one for under $1k, and I’m very satisfied.

I’ll probably do a write-up later on this. Until then, I’d like to thank everyone who gave their insight.

4 Likes

Hey, Guy’s I need some help trying to find a 1440p Monitor. It needs to be on Nvidia free sync Compatibility list. Also needs to be at least 27 inches and no more than 32 inches. It also can’t cost more than $500 dollars USD. It would also be nice if it had the best color representation possible. I realize best color representation is probably an unlikely option, but I thought I would ask just in case.

Can go with this. Been in the market for quite noticable time now and has got positive views.

There is exactly one Option: Asus MG278Q. It’s within your Pricerange, but a TN Panel, so viewingangles and Color Accuracy can be sub-par.
That’s basically it. The official compatibility List includes 17 Monitors atm: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/g-sync-monitors/specs/

Two of those are 1440p. One of those is 24 Inches. So…

1 Like