Linux Phone Hub

Xfce has joined the game.

2 Likes

That will be very interesting. Their photo looks quite Gnomish though.

IT IS GLORIOUS.

Things are changing so rapidly, it’s cool.

I am kinda liking it as an ultraportable terminal vs “a phone” so far. But the possibility is there that if the software doesn’t suck this would be a killer miniterminal.

4 Likes

im struggling with kvm parts too, so I can relate.

1 Like

Pine64 has been working on a keyboard for the phone. I believe it’ll replace the back cover, and flip out when you need it. I feel like a saw a slide out prototype, but I can’t remember.

RIP. That’s really something else. DHL yet again rejected the phones.

No more community edition PinePhones. Pine says they’re currently working on ways to continue to supporting the community.

Opinion piece:
Pine has proven to me that they’re a good company so I trust that they’ll come up with something good to continue supporting the community. Hopefully they can continue to be such an amazing company for years to come.

I’ll look forward to where this leads.

1 Like

Fomo or something makes me want to pick up a Mobian edition before they are gone, but that’s silly as I have my UBPorts PinePhone, and it is would be ecologically and financially irresponsible to buy another. Illogical, as Spock would say.

I don’t know if it’s due to the Dock I’m using, or the USB PSU, or a PinePhone hardware thing, or a Manjaro Software thing, but my phone stops charging when it gets up to around 90%, and it will stay in that “plugged in but not charging” state until I either unplug and replug, or the phone dies. Anyone else have experience with this sort of thing?

I justify having 2 since I daily one and mess around with the other.

Also the UBPorts edition doesn’t support display out unless you do some soldering.

I have the same problem, but since the phone doesn’t come close to getting me though a day of work, I usually have it charging, so I forget about that problem.
Still, it would be nice if it could charge to 100%, though I’d still like the option to limit the charge to 80 and 90% for battery longevity. At this point that would only be useful for phones that stay connected to the charger.

1 Like

Yeah I could see having a “stable” and a “testing” platform. I’ll just stick to the one I have though. I did the component removal to allow display out. It can’t handshake properly with some USB C devices to enable faster charge rates and some other stuff, but it seems to work fine overall with those two tiny smds removed.

1 Like

Didn’t realize till today that they pushed out a new XFCE release at the end of 2020. So that’s the new 4.16 we’re seeing in XfceNation’s twitter post.

1 Like

Hmm seems it is resuming charging when it drops to about 80% when the phone is “awake,” so that’s good, but I think it still will run dead if it’s asleep and plugged in. Eh, not really an issue I guess.

Interesting. I’ll test that with my second phone to see what happens. What OS are you running?

Manjaro Phosh Beta 5. Just had a couple system updates a day or two ago, so perhaps behavior has changed? I will test to see if it tends to run dead when it’s plugged in, asleep.

update: seems to keep floating between 80 and 90% when plugged in, even when asleep.

1 Like

Might be able to daily KDE now!

If it’s true I need to figure out how to move my texts over.

1 Like

Alright, there are a few available if you’re still interested.

Direct link:

Aw snap! I got one ordered! Thanks for the heads up @TeckMonster

1 Like

No problem. Glad you made it in time.

Welcome to the club!

1 Like

Sold put of the convergence packed already. If you hadn’t posted it here I would have missed out again!

Now I’m excited for it to show up!

2 Likes