Linux Phone Hub

fingerprints are dangerous because people seem to think the inbuilt readers are good enough to actually give you positive identity. (they aren’t)

There’s also currently conflict about the legality of compelling unlocks with fingerprints.

Some courts have ruled that being forced to unlock a phone at arrest is unwarranted search; others have said that because fingerprinting is routine at booking, warrants shouldn’t be required to compel fingerprints at that point.

Using a passcode is more convenient than fighting the District or Supreme Court case that will settle the issue.

2 Likes

IDK about yall, but I don’t keep incriminating anything anywhere.

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

Nor do I, but I still don’t want the government pocking around my phone. It’s something to consider, but I hate the fact that Manjaro Posh forces you to use a 6 digit code for your lockscreen. I’m sure you can get around it, but it should be easier.

Also, I don’t like codes because I feel like cameras can pick up on what you typed.

2 Likes

I’ve found that the Falkon web browser available in the Manjaro Phosh Beta 5 app store does work with Pandora.com. Not sure why Firefox has issues, as it worked on Mobian.

2 Likes

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=12679

[January 27, 2021] Some of you have today received an information from DHL that your PinePhone KDE CE was ‘returned to shipper’. Having already accepted the shipment and all paperwork, DHL decided to take an issue with the size of battery warning sticker. A sticker size they’ve never taken issue with in the past I might add. As a result of this, new stickers will have to be issued and new paperwork will have to be filed. This should take about a week. We always own up when we mess up - but this one is completely on DHL. Regardless, we’re sorry about the delay; shipping will work as fast as possible to resend the PinePhones.

1 Like

F

way to go.

1 Like

Ya seriously. Up until today, I thought this thread was about hubs for Linux phones, like the Samsung DeX Station.

Noted. I will think of another name. Probably just name it Linux on Phones.

Linux Phone Lounge

New lounge, who dis?

2 Likes

Are we still having this discussion?

:facepalm:

1 Like

No.

I’m just playing :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Pinetalk Podcast, Episode 1 :nerd_face:

4 Likes

Daily updates available on all Manjaro builds.

2 Likes

GTK4 is here… wonder what that will mean for Phosh and other Gnomish things. GTK 4.0 has Officially Released with Major Improvements! - It's FOSS News

2 Likes

After reading through most of this thread I decided to pick up a Pinephone but the 3gb/32gb version is out of stock after being up on pre-order for only 12 days!

Dang, guess I need to be quicker next time.

3 Likes

They’ll be back. I’m honestly surprised they ran out of stock. I’m fairly certain they had them in stock since December, guess maybe the got a good wave of people picking them up, if so that’s pretty exciting.

I bet they’ll be back in stock within a month.

Edit: Yup, as you probably saw they have an ETA of mid March.

Global silicon demand is high, even chips in cars are being affected. I am not surprised that cellphones are going to be affected next. I think because Pine is a smal volume consumer of silicon chips they get tend to be pushed around schedule wise, hence the out of stock problem.

How about a little PinePhone gaming?

1 Like