Linux Gaming News

Civilisation VI is coming to Linux. Reddit was all up in arms about it. Don't really care about this game but some of you may do.

1 Like

@SgtAwesomesauce, maybe Windows might be done, but Microsoft won't. Microsoft owns skype.

Keep them coming!

1 Like

What's more cyberpunk than bringing micro-transactions to unix-like systems?

1 Like

It's my understanding that the PS4 OS is largely based off of the BSDs and runs on amd64. As long as, the PS4 is the dominant console platform porting to Linux will have a very low cost of entry.

This isn't necessarily true. Sony intentionally changes and obfuscates the freebsd base syscalls, which are not linux equivalent in the first place. That, and linux ports are almost universally just wrappers on top of the Windows version because the market share is so niche at the moment,

As long as it runs, idgaftbh.

Me neither, It's just dangerous to assume that ps4 on bsd = easy linux ports, because bsd isn't binary compatible with linux, and the industry practices are way off the mark on those aspects of linux ports because of the market size. (console ports make more sense from xbone in MS studios titles a lot of the time too.)

Apple is also Based on BSD for 16-18 years now but all i see is they take Open Source project and only improve there self and only return what they legally have to return.

So nah it wont work like that sadly :(

It has to come from devs and company's that want to spend time porting stuff.
Like Quake that was developed to work 100% under Linux because one of the devs was Linux guy so he spended his time to make sure the game would work for Linux even tho nobody even used Linux in those days XD

I honestly have to say am still shocked that big games finally make there entrée to Linux everything i read it i still can't believe that its happening!

You should see the DLC insanity with TW:Warhammer...It is sickening.

1 Like

I might have to buy dirt rally just to see if the vive works on linux. SteamVR is in beta and does fire up... This could be interesting.

Interesting...

https://forum.level1techs.com/t/the-lounge-2017-02-february-forever-alone-in-infinite-sadness-edition/112347/8876?source_topic_id=108548

No linux gaming talk allowed.

i kid of course. Looking forward to this and Dirt rally, along with Killing floor2.

1 Like

So many game ports announced this week... I wondering what the hells going on.

I think game producers see that its in there own interest to port to Linux. Microsoft is kinda of ruining gaming it by trying to take control. Specially since they got there own Xbox/Live gaming platform. So only way out is to the land of the free.

That and they're finally embracing the master race.

This a million times. Microsoft is trying to fix something that's not broken by making it broken. Not sure what their logic is, but people who play games are not that married to Windows and for some, the only reason they're on Windows in the first place is because they can't play insert AAA title here on Linux.

I would not be surprised if they tried to make DX12 subscription based. "Oh, you wanted to play insert AAA title here? You need to subscribe for the Microsoft Premium Shafting 3D sexperience (tm) to unlock DirectX ABI support."

For the record, I've got an xbone. It's fucking awful. I play on a 1080p display and the damn thing can't even render Borderlands 2 at 30 frames per second. I get a damn headache whenever I try to use it for something other than movies. I'm so happy my friends have decided to embrace the PCMR this year. Although, they're still waiting for vega...

Microsoft wont do subscribe model. Tho they will pay-off developers to create a game and only allow it to be released on Windows. That is how they have done it always in the passed.

1 Like

True, this is why we really need to get businesses to go to OS rehab. Get them off Microsoft and re-integrated into society. When this happens, Microsoft stops having the money to do this sort of thing.

Tropico 6 is coming to GAHNO\LAJNUKS

https://steamcommunity.com/app/492720/discussions/0/1354868867730367934/

Why no Player Unknown's Battlegrounds on Linux, even when UE4 has support? Battle eye trash, and cuck developer

2 Likes