Linux Gaming News

I don't think we have a recent thread and there's been a lot of stuff to have separate topics.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided will be released on Linux on November 3rd

Mad Max was just released on the 20th Oct

https://www.feralinteractive.com/en/games/madmax/

On the technical side

Mesa now has OpenGL 4.5 support on intel, nv0, and radeonsi/amdgpu, but it wont be exposed until it passes conformance tests apparently

https://mesamatrix.net/

Linux 4.9 will see experimental support for AMD SI and CIK cards but wont be enabled by default (you can get experimental repos)

11 Likes

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided...That i did not expect...great!

It's also a native port. A couple of people were asking in chat.

One day I'll switch to 100% Linux, may be soon than later

Wait WHAT :o

Did not see that coming from Square Enix are they going to be the new Game changer in gaming?

Edit: just looked up yeah they are Developers and publishers of that game.

Think about this as well. Mad Max, a Warner brothers/avalanche game is on Linux now as well.

Total War: Warhammer is also in the works.

edit: Square Enix/CD already have a relationship with Feral, they did Tomb Raider so thats now a SE/CD/Edios thing going on which is nice.

Edios is Square Enix
But they going for PC gaming and choose Linux is kinda of a big thing since they usually neglect pc gaming.

1 Like

I'm going to attach this to the amdgpu thread for expanded reference.

2 Likes

A mini port report: Mad Max on Linux 4.8/OpenGL4.3(mesa 13, llvm3.9), open AMDGPU drivers, on medium settings with some stuff turned off/some on im currently getting anywhere between 50-90 fps on my RX480 on 1440p

lot of people use linux. making games work on linux is starting to become a wider customer base and more profit.

This is exciting.

I'm not much of a gamer anymore, but I can totally get behind this stuff. Anything to push Microsoft into obscurity.

Also, sorta off topic, but I just had a lot of success with using evolution with my work exchange account, so yeah, now if we can get skype support, windows is done.

inb4 2017 is year of Linux desktop

1 Like

Oh crap....There goes my only excuse not to buy the game in my attempt to focus on the Phd...I am never finishing my dissertation....

Did i mention its by Feral.. So its a native port.

thank you....you are making it even better....

Rocket League is on Linux but rather late. It would be great if Cyberpunk 2077 came to the penguin as well.

The new version of wine just fixed blizzards battle.net's crashing problem. Just played D3 last night.

1 Like

I didn't know any of bliz games work on Linux. Thats the main thing stopping me at this point, I love their games (except WoW)

I'm still waiting for the Witcher 3 to come over to Linux but Cyberpunk looks pretty cool.

1 Like

Good times are here.

pretty new to the Linux platform actually surprised by how much of my steam library was supported (around 60+ game out of 100)..

Been going back through the catalog of games I never finished or never got around to playing and loving it