Linux Gaming News

I'm waiting for a windows scrub to run in here and reee :3

I could think of a good business reason, financially speaking....

That'd be a great game to have on Linux though.

While I normally understand the financial argument, there is little excuse when the engine supports the platform.
Now of course they are using other libraries, but even battle eye supports linux ffs, so any of their other libraries can be substituted.
I absolutely do not forgive a studio that won't invest a few dollars to allow people their freedom. If they do not consider it to be unethical then it shows they are submissive cuckolds.
I'd love to buy the game, but I'd be shooting myself in the foot by doing so

True, the engine does support the platform, but that doesn't mean they can just flip a switch and have a working/stable Linux version. The Windows version isn't the best optimized thing at the moment, and crashes on me somewhat regularly. I would rather them get one OS stable before going after others.

I think they have mentioned the possibility of Mac and Linux versions in the past, once the Windows version was stable/not in alpha. The new Xbox deal may have put a damper on that though. Which my original "financially speaking" comment was more so jokingly referring to whatever $$$ they received from Microsoft for it to be Xbox exclusive on consoles.

Another one for the digital collection.

Well that worked out great. It's for Serious Sam's Bogus Detour

id pay extra for supertuxcart models. just to be the gnu wildabeast and score on the other team.

Not exactly Linux gaming news but since warhammer 1 had a great port from Feral and Devs said that they also have similar plans for the sequel :

Rise of the Tomb Rider is next. Eden please donā€™t lock.
https://www.feralinteractive.com/en/news/849/

1 Like

Might be worth a new topic if you want? Some interesting news more than just a game coming to Linux.

Linux gaming deserves to be pinned IMHO

6 Likes

:point_up_2: :+1:

1 Like

But then we will lose all the info thatā€™s in this thread. I mean it will be scattered all over the forum. I donā€™t see the point, extra effort for no benefit.

Was it you who was making the weekly Linux news? I think you made about 5 of them and then you stopped. They were quite good. However I not sure if there is enough stuff going on in the open-source world to make a weekly topic about it.

In the meantime VLC 3.0.0 | Libre Office 6.0 and KDE Plasma 5.12 LTS came out.

1 Like

A lot of independent distros post blogs a lot of the time.

Itā€™s not that far fetched, to aggregate all that info and post it on a weekly basis. There would definitely be enough content to cover; There might be huge news but still worth reading regardless.

Thereā€™s enough going on. My job toon up some time Iā€™d been thinking about restarting them but thereā€™s a few similar things out there. I had been thinking instead maybe just to pick one topic a time to talk about a thing

1 Like

So, like, in a forum? :stuck_out_tongue:

I wouldnā€™t mind a topic that is like an endless timeline of news and comments. Given the topic it would probably less than one monthā€™s ( <- is that correct?) lounge.

1 Like

I just found out that Open Red Alert is also working on Linux now. It is open-source version of Red Alert 2. I have even played it on my PC but always thought that it was windose only.
http://www.openra.net/download/

I wish RA3 and C&C Generals would get open sourced. I love those games.

4 Likes