Life o' Linux

Installed my first program by tarball today.

4 Likes

Only just today? I'm surprised you didn't do that week one.

Yeah, I'm not real proud that I've been avoiding it for more than a year. It wasn't too bad. It was MongoDB, so there was some tidying up after taring it.

It was kind of exciting to see the db to respond to a get request from the browser.

I got league of legends to work a while back on my gaming pc which is running Linux mint 17.2 cinomon using this. http://www.pcsteps.com/5213-install-league-of-legends-linux-mint-ubuntu/

Switched my laptop from xubuntu to Linux mint cinomon I was having issue with screen tearing on xubuntu.

1 Like

Are you using that pin generator that's floating around? I think Comcast changed their pin generation a bit because it never worked for me.

So I found out last night if you telnet this server it streams Star Wars to your terminal in animated text.

telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl

2 Likes

Ya its a pretty neat application I watched it a while back

i am toggling between reaver and bully, I think the two are obsolete now, but router cracking is only a hobby of mine, so, I may not be aware of newer software. Is there a plugin that slims down the numbers

Been using Linux as my main operating system (laptop and desktop) since I attended the USENIX conference where Linus introduced Linux and Digital Equipment Corporation handed out Red Hat 2.1 Linux CDs with kernel v1.2.

Here's an image of that CD:
RedHat_2.1_CD

installed strem.io and added as a desktop app (elementary os) but still when executed a gear icon app appears..

also wondering how use this ice for steam cause this tut https://youtu.be/B3pWQuQRl0Y is just for w

Been working on my desktop for Leap 42.1 too much penguin :)

3 Likes

Oh I thought you were trying for the ISP advanced configuration page, it has a pin code that changes regularly based on some time seeded algorithm. WPS is a different story completely. Carry on :)

I feel your pain! Forget LoL, after three and half months of fidgeting around with drivers I still could not get the wifi on my Alienware 17 to work (Qualcom Atheros Killer -n/a/ac 1525)! So, I have finally given up and ordered an intel 7265 card to swap out the killer!

1 Like

Wrote my first two real bash scripts today.

One of them reads a domain from the user and then opens iceweasle with like 8 tabs to free DNS report tools and returns the information on that domain .

Nothing special... but it's a start.

My goal is to build a script like @Urworstnit3m3r suggested in comment 29. Then I'll be satisfied... at least for a few minutes.

Arma 3 runs really well for me on Mint.

good

A fellow student asked me to help him write a bash script. While helping him, for the first time I didn't go running to google; my instinct was to use the man pages.

1 Like

Sometimes I pull up the man pages on a browser for ease of use.

2 Likes

I use the vim-man plugin for VIM. Just use:Man ls for example to view the man page of the ls command. If you want mouse scrolling you can use :set mouse=a, or put that in your .vimrc.

2 Likes

Trying to build my own Kali Linux ARM build for my ODROID C1+, It builds fine, just doesn't boot. ;_;

1 Like