LG 34UM67: FreeSync Ultra-wide 21:9 Gaming Monitor Review | Tek Syndicate

</p>					

We test out our first FreeSync monitor. The panel is beautiful and 21:9 is amazing for gaming, but how is FreeSync? Check out the video.

Price and where to buy coming soon.

Specification:- - AMD FreeSync Technology - Screen Size Class (diagonal): 34" - Panel Type: IPS - Refresh rate: 60Hz - Aspect Ratio: 21:9 - Resolution: 2560x1080 - Color Gamut (CIE1931): sRGB 99% - Brightness (typical): 320 cd/m2 - Contrast Ratio(Original): 1000:1 (100,000,000:1 DCR) - Viewing Angle (CR>10): 178/178 - Colour Depth (Num of Colours): 1.07B (8-Bit+FRC) - Pixel Pitch (mm): 0.2325 - Surface Treatment: Anti-Glare 3H - Connectivity: 2x HDMI, 1x DisplayPort 1.20a & 2x ThunderBolt - Warranty: 2yr (On-Site with LG - 0344 847 5454)

Let us know what you think.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://teksyndicate.com/videos/lg-34um67-freesync-ultra-wide-219-gaming-monitor-review

I hope that freesync doesn't get a bad name because of the high lower limit of these first gen monitors.

Whats the video playing at 5:15?

It sucks that LG's implementation of Freesync has that narrow window, but you don't have to turn on filters and things to limit the fps if it is too high. I know RadeonPro can limit the frames of any video game and I am sure there are other programs. I mean you shouldn't have to but its a better work around than trying to max out the game to drop the framerate.

Blade Runner?

you need to figure out what fps you play in the majority of the games you play and hope that the narrow range of freesync refreshs matches that of your fps in games.

Logan spent some time at the end saying he was trying to get games to go below the monitor's max refresh rate. In this article by blurbusters, they look at the first gsync monitor (ASUS VG248QE G-SYNC) and measure input latency for various games.

Preview of NVIDIA G-SYNC, Part #2 (Input Lag)

Of note is counter-strike, which as Logan mentioned runs well above the max refresh rate of most monitors. By lowering the game's fps_max setting to slightly below the max refresh rate, blurbusters actually measured half the input latency, as gsync actually forces vsync to be enabled above the max refresh rate. Freesync lets you choose vsync on or off, but personally I'd rather limit the game's FPS to not go above that rate anyways, because I don't want tearing OR latency.

If you want low input latency, no tearing, and adaptive sync technology for either gsync/freesync, then limit your framerate with afterburner or something to just below your monitor's max refresh rate. Above the max you get tearing or vsync lag.

Note that below the minimum fps on freesync, you get frame/refresh mismatching like older non-adaptive monitors, but between the minimum and maximum, gsync and freesync perform the same.

Why didn't you just use a program like bandicam to cap the frame rate?

Also guys, adapative-sync itself doesn't have a narrow band, it's just that this monitor does for some reason.

Is it just me, or is video frame rate a bit wonky? i noticed some lower frame rate/tearing in the Seattle Tek video as well. I checked the stats for the video and it said it was 24fps. Is this perhaps due to the video not being fully processed by youtube yet, or was it shot at 24fps?

I know i am probably alone in this, but i would love some 60fps content. maybe not for the Tek or Inbox, but i think it would be pretty legit for product overviews, especially monitors.

It is indeed Blade Runner. I would love a lighted umbrella lol

This monitor is probably targeted at cod/xbone players I have a similar monitor hence the hdmi ports and the 60~ fps for freesync to work

It isn't FreeSync. LG chose to implement it like that. The standard can go much higher and much lower.

You're right. I meant to say it sucks that LG's implementation of Freesync has such a narrow window. Ill edit

I think I will be going for the BENQ one, its variable refresh rate is 30-144

I dont mind capping at 140fps and I an guarantee in the vast majority of games that I will be getting above 30fps at the settings I chose to play at.

Like the others said, Blade Runner. You should check it out if you've never watched it.

Blade Runner was one helluva movie. Everything you see now in recent movies like the big ads and stuff, all came from blade runner, at least that's what I know.

This is a pile of shit display. My 1995 CRT crushes this filthy piece of LCD peasantry. I wouldn't want this if I was paid $1000 to use it.

Here are my Proper monitor's specs:
Specification:-
- Multisync Technology
- Screen Size Class (diagonal): 21"
- Tube Type: Aparture Grille
- Refresh rate: 344Hz
- Scan rate: 125kHz
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3
- Resolution: 3840x2880
- Contrast Ratio(Original): 50,000:1
- Viewing Angle (CR>10): Infinate
- Colour Depth (Num of Colours): Infinate
- Pixel Pitch (mm): 0.24
- Surface Treatment: Glossy anti-reflective coat
- Connectivity: VGA

Hey @Logan how bad was the backlight bleed on all three monitors? I've read these ultra wide monitors from LG have terrible backlight bleed out the box.

I would much rather a 3440x1440 21:9 with freesync. 2560x1080 just does not make sense to me any more.

Hey though Talos Principle. Good work.

In games such as CS:S, or CS:GO, there are console commands that limit your frame rate. So if you're frequently going over 75 FPS, and still want that freesync capability, just use 'fps_max 75'