Level1SpaceTechs (astronomy)

im guessing really hard when you might be moving thousands of km/s relative to it :)

1 Like
2 Likes

I heard about this, the "oil planet." While the single-biome planet may be science-fact, no science fiction writer to my knowledge had ever conceived of a carbon planet:

• Desert planet
  • Ice planet Hoth
  • Jungle planet
  • Swamp planet
  • Ocean/Water planet
  • Volcano/Lava planet
  • Forest planet
  • City planet
  • Carbon planet

Just as Tom Clancy said, "fiction has to make sense." Science is amazing!

1 Like
2 Likes

Ready for launch!

4 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

It's a shame that they're all bathed in ionising radiation.

why do you say that? pretty tame star, only thing i would be worried about is because it's small so it's planets orbit closer, possibly exposing it to magnetic radiation too

2 Likes

Exactly what you just said. Too close.

The NASA interview I watched said that 4 of 7 were in the "habitable zone" but there is a new sat telescope heading out there that can send back atmospheric data. Very exciting stuff.

3 Likes

yah cant wait. between this and all the stuff we'll be finding out about jupiter via juno, gonna be interesting times ahead in the search for extraterrestrial life

"Earth-sized" doesn't imply the planets potentially have the biomediversity that Earth has, nor if they're in the habitable zone. It just means they are of a similar size.

Two or three of them are in the star's habitable zone.

Being so close to the parent star, I'd be interested whether or not their tidally locked.

1 Like

I am a sucker for space games.....

this looks amazing

3 Likes

newtonian physics, gota be hard as hell.

1 Like

I'm down for the challenge. Since I'll probably never get to live in space or pilot a ship, I'll take what I can get. This also looks interesting

And space engine is still one of the better ones.

http://spaceengine.org

Also excited to read that elite is being used to find new planets, can't recall where I read or heard it... Think it was this thread or L1T news? If I find it I'll throw it in here

Don't think this is it but still cool

Summary