Level1Pets

Aamof hes developed a weepy eye this spring.
Hes a late teenager; slower getting around and specific diet needs. They eye may be as stupid as allergies. I know mine are rough this year.

2 Likes

I’ve had something similar with one of mine, the source was food containing grains. Ever since switching to foods without those the issue is gone.

4 Likes

I wish the fix was that easy. It doesnt surprise me if its food allergy. Keeping consistent food types and brands on hand the past couple years has been frustrating.

1 Like

my little kitty had the same problem and the vet gave her special eye paste stuff which she absolutely hated… would love to know if anyone else had the same situation and then moving from any grain based food could help… wish we had known that as well- thank you

1 Like

my furbaby: She’s very little and very cautious of the world but she caught her first lizard a few weeks back and is very proud :slight_smile: :smiling_face:

removed 4 privacy reasons, sorry :slight_smile:

13 Likes

My kitty had the issues at an age range from approx. 4 to 6 months, a vet also just gave out an eye cream which wasn’t much appreciated by the patient in question.

It didn’t change over a month, and my gut feeling (have a small background with human medicine) said that obviously the underlying, root cause of this symptom hadn’t been addressed.

Read into veterinary medicine focussing solely on cats and grains in the diet was one probable cause for allergy-like symptoms. Checked the (supermarket) wet food and not a single brand didn’t use grains or other sh*t.

Another issue is cat litter: Most cat litter uses minerals or clay to help lumping and after doing their business cats obviously clean themselves. While the amount isn’t much these salts are not good for a kitty’s metabolism which can as an effect also disrupt the immune system.

In addition to becoming a cat foody I then also switched to a litter made of 100 % wood chips. These can only act as fiber for the cats’ digestive tract and don’t interfere with metabolism like salts.

5 Likes

thank you very much! i have bookmarked both this comment and the linked one for further looking at :slight_smile:

2 Likes

While I’m disappointed in my personal experience with veterinary doctors (the most recent example was the elderly cat at my parents where the vet gave pain killers that are meant for dogs and explicitly not for cats due to strong stress to their intestines) I can kind of understand their situation:

Just learning about “human medicine stuff” is quite a lengthy task if you take it seriously and a vet gets to draw the short straw having to learn about a hundred different physiologies.

Anyway, Mr. Catsby’s eyes have been golden ever since for about two years now and he hasn’t had any issues at all:

12 Likes

that entire thread was awesome… hehe the last place i would expect to find good pet advice would be the level1 forums but here we are! thanks muchly!!!

1 Like

Hi. In Sweden. A bunch of Norwegian cats… But way more powerful. Polar dogs. Cold and snow.

Regards.

16 Likes

This is Anderson and Riley

13 Likes

Better get the other one in to be fair.
Her best side; loafing.

11 Likes

Are those:

1. for riding motorcycles
  2. medically necessary
  3. metaverse for dogs
  4. none of the above?

Cool picture… I just don’t understand what I’m looking at.

2 Likes

Hes a badass mf canine.

1 Like

When you are hanging out with the pretty girl in class

11 Likes

Too cool for school

13 Likes

I live in Denver and the altitude means that the UV from the sun is very intense. Rates of eye cancer and other ocular issues is pretty high.

Also I splurged a bit lol. I also got him hearing protection for when I go shooting.

5 Likes

Some pups have jobs where eye PPE is a good thing:

4:23

6 Likes

Cool, i am surprised they wear them and seem to not mind.

3 Likes

Not my pup but went to a social function and got to pet this goodest boy/girl

8 Likes