Level1 Techs Folding@Home Team

The same thing happened to me. Just a distributed system working out some failures I guess.

We have fallen quite a few places, our best was around 104, 155 ish now. I am still happy with how we are holding.
I have been folding on the weeks I work but was having issues with crashing or issues with my computer going to sleep. I removed my CPU and it seems fine, it was barely adding anything anyways. 20k give or take, a day where my gpu is 2mil a day and itā€™s just a 2070ti

We donā€™t really have the manpower right now to keep up with the competition. Iā€™m mostly just folding at night now cause my wife complained about the noise from my GPU :rofl:

Yeah as winter goes away and the price of crypto stays high, I canā€™t say Iā€™m exactly surprised. I will have a couple of GPU workstations with 4xA6000s in them that I will be tossing at this in the next month or two, in between doing single particle EM work.

I Joined the Level1 Folding team about a week ago. I had been giving my points to Gamerā€™s Nexus and wanted to see where Level1 was sitting. :astonished:

So my 2080 super is giving itā€™s all 24/7 for the foreseeable future Level1

5 Likes

Welcome to the team!

L1T admittedly donā€™t have the most active team but weā€™re by far the most awesome bunch :grin:

1 Like

Joined!
@COGlory can you please update the links in the first post!

2 Likes

Great! Wifey is complaining about the noise so Iā€™ve had to lay off the folding for a while

You can also restrict it to some low value, like 2 cores in a container or VM. Should not let the fan spin up much.

I mostly do folding on my gpu. My computer is just turned off now when Iā€™m not using it. Itā€™s in our living room, And I donā€™t have an office or anything in our current apartment

Welcome aboard!

1 Like

Looks Like Level1 Techs is going to cross the 10,000,000,000 mark in the next few hours!

We need MOAR POWER! :sunglasses: :zap:

2 Likes

Honestly I kinda stopped folding when I got the invoice for last year from my electricity providerā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™ll be back at it in the end of October

4 Likes

Itā€™s summer in Texasā€¦so the electric bill is high anyway! Whatā€™s a little more folding on top? :rofl:

Iā€™ll be glad when itā€™s colder!

Time to celebrate, Team! The L1T F@H team just crossed 10,000,000,000 points and is currently at rank 157. :tada: :tada: :tada:

Great contributions from the community! Every bit counts.

6 Likes

havenā€™t done this for over a decade- but got it running againā€¦ makes me feel more productive as i browse lol

4 Likes

Back to folding since its cold here again. lets goooo!

Thatā€™s a lot of points!

1 Like

Havenā€™t folded in a while, electricity prices here have gone absolutely off the deep end :frowning: Maybe once we manage to get that solar installedā€¦

So my company is decommissioning a Blade Center full of Dell M590 units. I to teach myself how to use Kubernetes and evaluate the SUSE Harvester platform for VM and Docker Containers. The landlord cannot tell how much power I am pulling so the only cost would be (maybe) a LTE hotspot to access the web for the docker containers and a getting to and from Folding@Home.

Am I nuts?

1 Like