Level1 Techs Folding@Home Team

Another red-letter day, team. Just passed 4 billion points. Wow, the support has been amazing. Less than two months since 3 billion.
https://stats.foldingathome.org/team/232084

I see @wendell has stepped up his folding game lately. We’re now sharing the top two positions.

I’m looking forward to see how much more production I will add when I upgrade my GPU to a RTX 3080😎

1 Like

Top two positions? In what sense?

As in top producers of points

Ah. If you mean who has contributed the most points on the L1T team in the past few days, then I agree. Keep it up! I run into problems every time a new generation of GPUs comes out, since the FAH team seems to take a while to get the new stuff on the list. I hope it will be better this time around.

Yes exactly!

I’m not buying it right after launch so I hope it will be up and running on F@h by the time I’m installing it

Curious to see the numbers on a 3080 for folding.

Hopefully Wendell will be kind an update us as soon as he gets one :wink:

Read a post on the official f@h forum about this.
This is the explanation they gave:

Re: New RTX3xxx cards

Postby bruce » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:21 am

Not immediately.

1. Somebody has to tell us the lspci values. viewtopic.php?f=83&t=26208
  2. It will be added to GPUs.txt which will be downloaded.
  3. The GPU will need to be benchmarked.

I expect that in some future version of FAHClient, some or all of these steps will be automated.
Step 3 won’t happen overnight.

wowow @wendell at 18 now. I remember when I passed ya

Congrats to the new current leader @soundguy. He has been consistent and prolific, adding about 50,000,000 points per month.

3 Likes

Kudos to everyone contributing here!

Not sure if funny or sad that nvidia needs proprietary shit to be able to be used to full power.

Also funny because Folding originally ran on CUDA a loooooooonnnggg time ago lol.

Whatever… I’m getting more points now :joy:

wow cuda support, just in time for the RTX launch! I’m getting 6.79m PPD with a single RTX 3090

2 Likes

Nice! You should join the L1 team😉

2 Likes

How’d you manage to get your hands on a 3090?

EDIT: holy crap, it’s been 5 days already. Nevermind.

needs a vacation

2 Likes

I just got back into folding now that there is cooler weather. Need to heat my office somehow. Also 2080ti will do a great job, so will my 3950x and 5700xt and 3900x.

1 Like

Another two months, another billion points. We are consistently contributing to the fight.

Is this windows? Iirc I had to install cuda for fah on fedora to fold

Also 10-15% speed up on 2070 isn’t bad, really seems to benefit the 600 series cards more than 20 series

I love that mini-ITX case. I use it for a ryzen 5 FreeNAS + pfSense machine with intel gigabit ethernet nics and a few noctua fans.