Level1 Techs Folding@Home Team

Oracle contributing to society. Gehenna must be upon us!

1 Like

Big Evil ainā€™t so bad :wink:

Pretty sure theyā€™re already planning the lawsuit against whoever uses the results.

2 Likes

Ahh, getting into the medicine price-gauging business. That would make sense. Phew. My understanding of the universe was in danger for a moment thereā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

Nope. Looks pretty legit. Looks like youā€™ll still have to pay the OCI power bill but its good to see them offering an out of the box solution.

https://cloudmarketplace.oracle.com/marketplace/en_US/adf.task-flow?tabName=O&adf.tfDoc=%2FWEB-INF%2Ftaskflow%2Fadhtf.xml&application_id=73275127&adf.tfId=adhtf

Are anoyone else not getting wuā€™s for their gpu?

I get plenty of wuā€™s for my cpu, but almost none for my gpu.

I seem to be getting steady work for my gpu. At least the last couple of days Iā€™ve had solid work.

Finally found a solution for not getting GPU work units.

in Config, edit any GPU folding slots to have ā€œnext-unit-percentageā€ in Extra slot options and set the value to 100 so it reads next-unit-percentage 100.

screenshot in source link
source: https://www.overclock.net/forum/55-overclock-net-folding-home-team/1745036-haven-t-folded-since-2011-feb-2020-random-wu-2.html#post28396144

1 Like

Iā€™m off to try this, GPUā€™s have been sitting idle for a long time.

Ugh It was idle when I got home from work today, so maybe its not the fix. hope other had better luck

Edit: restarting my client got me a WU but thatā€™s normally the case

I had ā€œsuccessā€ on one of my six gpus using this change. I hadnā€™t had any work units for gpus in a long time.

The other five remain unused.

Iā€™v found a system reboot to be the best temporary fix for the problem.
Their servers, or perhaps the researches canā€™t keep up with the the computing power, itā€™s over 1 ExaFLOP after all.

Sometimes I reboot, and it gets WU for both cpu and gpu after a few minutes, other times I turn it off if Iā€™m not gonna use it for the rest of the day.
Turn it on the next day, and it gets WUā€™s after a few minutes.

I agree that just restarting the client when it sits there without WU is a good idea. I got lots of WU while I slept apparently and have only my GPU working not my CPU how different lol

Disabled my desktop system for folding for now, temperatures going up and even without running a system full throttle my office likes to turn into an oven.

Still letting the CPU in my server run FAH and BOINC for now, until we really hit the summer at least.

Glad to have your cores with us as long as you can manage.

Hi all,
Quick question, can anyone tell me about the experience with folding with a 2060? Iā€™m looking at the evga 2060 ko ($285).
Iā€™m not as concerned about getting the fused off 2080 die by the silicon lottery but if anyone has one to compare to a standard I would like that info too.
This will be going in my first cobbled together build. Iā€™m running a MSI gaming laptop 24/7 right now. Its just got a 7700hq and 1050 mobile

After seeing my latest home energy report, Iā€™m shutting the rig down. It has definitely had an impact. I can afford to keep it running, but these little boxes need to go back to the office soon anyway. I might as well save some dime and do it now. Itā€™s been fun, everyone. See you next pandemic!

1 Like

Well I stopped folding for a week but I am back, I noticed my points output is way lower but I have never seen it running without a job for while now.
kind of odd. I wonder if they changed something up. currently getting 50-60k points a day

Happy to join the team with my measly Ryzen 5 PRO 3400GE. Do you feel that? Do you? Itā€™s the raw power a Lenovo with poor air flow. Weā€™ll have this COVID-19 thing solved in no time.

Although Iā€™d rather be looking for aliens, I wish Seti@Home was up.

3 Likes

We might need there help before this is all overā€¦

Iā€™ve noticed my daily points compared to the number of WUs are bobbling some. Must be getting a few low point jobs mixed in.

1 Like