Level1 Techs Folding@Home Team

I just brought my 1060 back into the mix after reformatting my living room PC. Forgot to reinstall F@H last month(?) when I did that.

I’ve pretty much stopped CPU folding for the most part due to the noise of my CPU coolers. I’ve got a 240mm AIO cooler on my main rig, and a Notua NH-L9I on my living room PC… both are annoyingly loud when working hard.

Could probably adjust fan curves, but I’m not interested in doing all that.

maybe, but the cpu doesn’t do as much as the GPU. From my observations my GPU folding contributes more than CPU

~50K on CPU

~500K on GPU

the only downside is that videos are very choppy when GPU folding. Disabling hardware acceleration in firefox seemed to solve the problem, will monitor and see if it improves

Fair enough. Again I was just looking at one of your images from a few weeks ago that showed the PPD estimate at 1.7m.

What you’re showing now looks closer inline to what my 1080 is doing; granted it will vary obviously depending on what WU’s you’re able to snag and that PPD is merely an estimate I realize.

Typically I’m seeing more in the 750k-850k range for that PPD number; depending on if I’m using my PC or if it’s not being used all day aside from F@H.

estimated points seems to decay, so values could be inflated when taking screenshots at the start of folding

rank 69
2070 is crushing it jump in 10 from another 2,000,000 points

1 Like

up to rank 39, woo

@wendell I’m creeping up real slowly, don’t get too comfortable!
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

hot in kentucky right now, but I DO have a tesla I can throw at folding come fall and winter

Bad idea. Just did an image search, and Teslas tend to split in half rather than fold. Especially the Model S.

6 Likes

And I’m just a few ranks below you. Coming up fast!

I was pretty surprised at how many points a Ryzen 3900X could score on CPU alone.

1 Like

got to rank 34 :slight_smile:

I just turned on folding for all cores (16C/32T) for my server and it is has been chugging along at 96% utilization for the last hour and only reads at 50C. Really glad I bought that dyntron heatsink now.

1U form factor too.

2 Likes

I’m somewhere in the top 15, but woo… soundguy came out of nowhere and blew past me. I forgot to run for a couple of days, but he would have passed me anyways.

I posted back on April 2 that the team had just passed 2,000,000,00 points (after about two and a half years). Now we are well past 3,000,000,000 less than 3 months later. Wow! Good to see F@H getting the love.

On the down side, team ranking slipped from 143 to 162 even with all those points, but that is to be expected these days.

It looks like it takes over a half million points a day to keep my overall rank. A rising tide to be sure!

I would fold more, but it is the warm months here and the last thing I need is a 300W heater during the day.

Keep up the great work!

1 Like

Moved over to Pop OS and finally got FAH installed. took a bit to figure out the python stuff but the FAH reddit community had a post.

EDIT: Also had an issue with my gpu throwing errors in the log but I just looked up error and found a solution

1 Like

I gave up on this until it cools down outside and in my house. I am not gonna run a space heater (computers) and ac at the same time.

3 Likes

Good news everyone!
I’ve been folding for a different team for years but I’ve now switched to the Level1 team.
I’ll be adding my RTX 2080

4 Likes

Anyone have experience where completed jobs are going to my team half the time and the default team the other half of the time?

Another red-letter day, team. Just passed 4 billion points. Wow, the support has been amazing. Less than two months since 3 billion.
https://stats.foldingathome.org/team/232084

I see @wendell has stepped up his folding game lately. We’re now sharing the top two positions.

I’m looking forward to see how much more production I will add when I upgrade my GPU to a RTX 3080😎

1 Like