Level1 News June 5 2018: Panic! In the Uber | Level One Techs

https://www.one-tab.com/page/eGZkloxOQw6NxyAZcx_Mdw

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://level1techs.com/video/level1-news-june-5-2018-panic-uber
1 Like

drunk ryan is so depressing and dry its humorous.

4 Likes

I really want to know why the link in the display image redirects to a health nut site. Is this a fat joke Ryan? You drunken tipsyboy

There is either a Glitch in Level1Techs matrix, or Ryan is bending the fabrics of reality. That Warning image on our left (his right) is having a seizure.

EDIT: I wrote this before Ryan mentioned that it was a malfunction with the PC that is powering that monitor. I was too lazy to edit this post sooner.

2 Likes

(merger facilitation coincidence)

The chances of 5 instances all being coincidence is about 1 in 4 x 10 to the 9 (1 in 4,000,000,000). That’s being conservative. This is assuming that it happening one time is chance or 1 in 4. It’s probably more like 1 in 16; or even worse because of systemic predispositions. It might be as high as 1 in 1 x 10 to the 19 (10,000,000,000,000,000,000). At any rate, I don’t buy it.

Here I thought the law they’re working on in the EU was meant to keep out fake news by Russia.

Whatever the case, I don’t trust techdirt on principle.

WARNING!

OMG the seizure inducing video this is right now. It’s just time to listen people.

WARNING! Do not watch! Just listen!

@wendell and staff / mods there should be a warning up for people who could be harmed by watching the video. No joke.

Btw Ryan / Grizzle see the drinking games are fun. Right now I have no liquor though to play and really the last time I drank which was this past week I think well what I had did nothing to me so I’d need to spend way more to get smashed and I am not willing to do that. Oddly enough I think that drinking game actually helped Wendell with the way he presents himself in videos. I will take credit for that.

We have a good thread about it here.

The screen flicker isn’t fast enough, nor is it high contrast enough to fall under the WCAG that it would be considered possible to cause seizures.

2 Likes

True, but I’m sensitive to flickering and it was unwatchable for me.

1 Like

Mmm bullets.

1 Like

Yes, but that’s not the same a siezures at all. (I also have issues with flashing lights and noise in certain environments)

Ryan be like… if you dont watch level1 regularly… then fuck you!

and I approve this message.

1 Like

We need Ryan 3 sheets to the wind more often on episodes of the news!!

1 Like

Regarding the mergers…
Can someone explain to me why this is an FCC issue in the first place? If companies want to merge I would say that is a trading related issue, hence the FTC should be responsible, no?
I don’t get how they are organised…

For the face recognition in schools…
Maybe it’s just me, but the fact that there is even such a thing as a “top 10 weapons used for school shootings” should be alarming… but apparently that’s totally normal.

I’ve never seen someone dislike drinking this much.

4 Likes

Red wine is a hard nut to crack, there are GOOD ones but mostly you will find bad ones, or those that are not to your taste.

I found some good red wine once, but then moved countries and well that was that, so far yet to find a decent red wine and I aren’t willing to spend HUGE amounts on wine just to test every single brand/year… its tiring so I often resort to drinking my favorite cheap beer… such a pleb.

Find a good wine shop and get their recommendations. They’ll help you figure out what you like and keep you well-supplied. Hopefully the resveratrol will offset the damage it does to your body… or at least that’s what I tell myself.

I guess some people who are into anime or manga would say that he was tsundere to that bottle of wine.

“I hate this”

drinks more

how i imagine the uber shootout went
1 Like