Level1: "Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Sweet baby geebus, I just managed to get online. I thought my account was done for cuz i couldn't access my forum account, didn't know i had to reset password :/

Is there any chance I could get a name change now? I kept meaning to ask for one ever since the first time TekSyndicate went down. I used to use Twitter to login, so it changed my name to this afterward.

PM the moderators. Try @Eden or @Alamar.

Great to have you back!

I was kinda disappointed, that the Email-Server video never got a follow-up. I was hoping, that you could continue that. A friend has recently set up a server with Mailcow and SoGo..

Cheers

2 Likes

I couldn't be happier with this outcome. Best of luck, I'll chuck a few $ in the patreon.

I watched the videos last night and just want to say great start @wendell. I'm glad to see things are on track. It's nice to see the community sticking together.

It's also nice to see a good solid start to LevelOneTechs, I cant wait to purchase my first shirt :-D

By the way, the design of the site is great.

@admin the pfsence video article page's button to goto the fourm isnt working

2 Likes

This is likely because the videos were posted to the website before forum threads were created for them. In the past, wendell-bot would automatically create forum topics here for certain videos. For the new L1T videos, we've had to create discussion topics manually here after the fact. These should get fixed soon.

2 Likes

Known issue. :) we don't have the video bot working in the forum/on the site just yet. (Thanks to alamar for posting our last couple vids!) I may hide the button for now

2 Likes

nice to finally be able to put a face on grizzle and kreestuh. Been binging your pgp videos on youtube.
Hoping for some awesome content in the future, best of luck to you guys :)

1 Like

I don't want to make a new thread to draw up drama again, but has any clarification actually come through about the spending of Tek Syndicate funds? We were told that as soon as all the legal issues were ironed out we would be informed of what happened, money-wise, during the end months of Tek Syndicate.

So far Logan has once again been silent on the issue. Are we to assume that nothing more will come to light? @Eden @Alamar

I haven't seen or heard anything in official capacity from TS staff and, personally, I don't think there will be any further discussion about that. Folks have moved on at this point and I think the opportunity for Logan to address this issue has passed. TBH I never expected it to be addressed in the first place as I think a lot of what was said during the whole saga was damage control. I'd suggest to just let the issue rest.

Of course, I'm not looking to stir things again. I just think it's very telling that they would rather sweep it under the rug than to actually clear their names in the spending of community-funded money. That's not to say that we ever had a right to know, but when comments are made by those spending it, and questions are raised by those raising the funds, I think the fact that they promised to clear their name and have so far failed to so confirms what most people feared.

2 Likes

I think Wendell is a true genius and I will love to see more videos from him. I will support you all however I can. Great first step.

I'm excited about this development. The new show synchs more with my personal preferences. I don't typically do the community thing, but I'm going to try to do so here to help support the show(s).

1 Like

Tea earl grey hot!