Learn Blender with us!

coca cologne

BTW you can get rid of fireflies without increasing sample count by activating the adaptive denoiser in Render layers>denoise

I like it because you can do just about anything in a fully featured 3d program

2 Likes

I tried that. With several different settings for my other scene. Thereā€™s fog with emissions so itā€™s pretty bad, even that doesnā€™t help for this one

1 Like

@Dje4321 I made you a quick plate to help with inspiration, if you havenā€™t already gotten it.

3 Likes

Thanks but i had already made one

Managed to find a semi decent reference image

3 Likes

man yall are blitzing thru these tonight

@Phantom why arenā€™t you just using the principled shaders and ligthing it normally?

1 Like

Because the scene has streetlights with emitters where the light passes through the fog. So it creates crappy fireflies.

1 Like

Heres where im at for the end of part 5. Just need to finish the table and add sprinkles to the doughnut

2 Likes

why arenā€™t you just using emissive planes

also by fog do you mean that youā€™re using a mist pass? not sure what you mean here.

Are you using volumetrics for the liquid in the bottle maybe?

1 Like

4 Likes

Im only on part 5. calm down =P

1 Like

Oh, snap. I forgot that you didnā€™t see my ongoing render.

If I turn up the emission on the streetlights, Fireflies everywhere. So Iā€™m trying to rework some things. Maybe getting rid of the planet so I can use less fog, make it a normal scene.

4 Likes

Itā€™s not in the tutorial. Just something to use instead of the color you already have on it for more realism after you finish.

2 Likes

sounds like a job for judicious skyboxing and doing a fog pass in post

also, using filmic blender will increase dynamic range somewhat

maybe bringing a little metallic out of the streetlamps or adding a displacement map/texture to reduce the close to lightsource reflections would help to hide the simplicity of their mesh

optionally set the mist to a different render layer and composite it back in, or use the mist pass to set generalized density in post

so put the fog on one layer, the trees/lamposts/shrubs in another, set the objects to mask, render the original layer and the objects with no mist, render just the fog with the layer mask, then add the images

1 Like

I removed the planet. Iā€™ll save it for another scene.

Without the planetā€™s emission, I was able to up the lamps without getting a ton of fireflies. Combine it with default denoise and finally have something palatable.

5 Likes

Bookmarked for later.

Starting from today, Uni has started so my main focus is that and my big project but my secondary project (Game project) really needs some models so I might as well go over this tutorial.

Coding is my main source of entertainment but outside of a little 3DS Max, Blender and zbrush, Iā€™m a complete noob lol. Very much prefer 3DS Max but considering I donā€™t have a few grand to spend on it every year, I really need to learn Blender.

The work you guys have shown so far really gives me some confidence to try.

3 Likes

Hmm, I wonder if there are so many horror games nowadays, because people try to make something cute and/or realistic, but it always turns out horrificā€¦ :thinking:

2 Likes

Set my laptop to render overnight. Final render ended up being 98 minutes.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qtoDkwbb2covZ9Rn1ZbtFUY21Fik33bK

Time to work on my next project :smiley:

2 Likes

thatā€™s a marked improvement.

out of curiosity, why not just skybox the planet?

2 Likes

this is the definition of learning zbrush haha

1 Like

I may do that for a future render. Iā€™ll render the planet with some depth and have that render be a skybox.

1 Like