Learn Blender with us!

So ive been going through the tutorial

and heres a high res 8k version. Render ended up at about 14 minutes

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13-aRPjAduGj8fwx_1yvSIq82GJn5AF69/view?usp=sharing

6 Likes

Some of the tweaks ive done to improve workflow

Left click to select
Right mouse to move the view
Middle mouse rotates (default)
Shift + Middle mouse to place 3d cursor

1 Like

I regularly use blender for intro graphics and VFX, but can’t post here because of copyright reasons. Lurking though.

@Dje4321 you should post your saved interface (blender startup and UI templates are a thing)

2 Likes

my ui changes completely depending on what im doing.

1 Like

fair enough

I actually like the defaults better, coming from the maya world

2 Likes

this is what it will probably look like most of the time though. I keep the bar on the right incase i need it. Just drag it to the left todo what i need todo and then smash it back to the right

2 Likes

I stretch the window over 2 monitors to fit all the viewports and stuff at once.

2 Likes

My second monitor currently has the tutorial plus its a completely different size and resolution compared to the one in my laptop

1 Like

see, that’s why you buy 3 monitors.

I would actually really like to have a windowless or console mode (like older photoshop) for blender’s interface, it seems like that’s what the modularity was made for in the first place

3 Likes

Getting a new pc before that. Should hopefully happen soon-ish

Enough derailing for now

1 Like

Back on topic then.

Here’s some essential blender plugins that you absolutely should be using:

3 Likes

Finished my mug. Quite happy with how it came out :smiley:

blender-mug-finalblender-mug-final-bottem

Heres the reference image i based it off of

5 Likes

The mug is probably the hardest part of the tutorial. The tapered bottom is a nice touch imo.

3 Likes

I found the icing part to be the hardest. Mostly because mine wouldnt smooth properly. Would have gaint spikes where the polys were. Ended up just restarting and it worked the second time

2 Likes

Nice extruding there. Good job.

2 Likes

Thanks. Trying to work on the plate though its a fair bit more difficult. Mostly because i cant find a good reference image to base it off of

1 Like

Plate should be pretty easy after the mug. It’s only a few steps, starting with a cylinder.

1 Like

ye. Not turning out how i like though

1 Like

Taking a break from my planetscape. Got some inspiration for a smaller render.

3 Likes

You can also start with a circle. Add some insets and circumference loopcuts, then pull the outer edges up and use the solidify modifier.

That’s what I love about this. there are a million ways to do literally anything.

3 Likes