LEAP 42.1 Discussion thread

Just port it into opensuse yourself. It's actually the easiest distribution to do it on. That's why. Linus Torvalds used it for the longest time.. Also the guide is officially finished

https://forum.teksyndicate.com/t/a-compendiary-overview-of-zypper-how-to-click-me-if-you-dont-know-why-zypper-is/92595?u=cynicrf

Most distros besides Centos and Debian have it now.

So Google how to do it but I forgot to tell you if you are using suse. You should have btrfs as the main fs for root. If you do just run snapper before hand to rollback an unsuccessful install. Here is the command

sudo snapper create -d beforeKU
Make sure you go back to all Foss drivers before hand lol

So the big difference in this case is that leap is using suse enterprise linux as a base, and then they pile on a set of software that is more up to date.

So its the same idea as fedora except the packages are actually older and more mature.

Tumbleweed is the same as 13.2 but with very new packages.

The big differences the user will see is that leap has an older version of gnome, KDE, and XFCE where as tumbleweed has all the latest versions of the supported DEs.

As far as security goes, I have no idea. I really do not pay attention to security features what so ever.

Just use opensuse tumbleweed then.

Right now the kernel version is 4.3 and it will be 4.4 soon enough. Then you do not even need to worry about drivers cause it will just be built into the kernel for the most part.